"My Hometown Palamós" Palamós by Helena1962

Palamós Travel Guide: 29 reviews and 83 photos

THIS IS WHERE I BELONG

Well, in Fact I am living in Germany but I am from Palamós. This is the town I know best -and love more!!- in the world. I was born and grew up there. There live my whole family and all my friends. My teachers, my neighbours, my backer,... All in Palamós!!! What else could I say about Palamos to show how much do I love it????
There are soooooo many things I could explain about, that I guess I won't be abble to. So if you have questions about, just ask me, please!!!!!

"La Fosca petita" in Palamós

Palamós is a town that lives for, at and with the sea. The mediterranian belongs to the soul of Palamos, as the taylor to his scissors or a poet to his words. It is not possible to concibe Palamos without the sea. It is all around.
As per this picture, it shows the so called "La Fosca petita" ("The little La Fosca") and it is a very small beach on the south end of "La Fosca-Beach. From both you can see some more pictures in my travel pages. "Both" La Fosca build one very small bay.

Cala Margarida

This is a so-called "Cala". A "Cala" are very little, tiny beaches in which hundred of years ago, fishermen built their houses. Nowadays, people of Palamos, (most of them grandgrandchildren of those fishermen) restaured them very throughoutfully and come here on weekends to enjoy life and relax. In one of them, "Cala Salguer" is ment to be that Palamos was founded. Fishemen built up there their houses in order to be protected from both: the wind (which use to be very strong in this area) and from the pirat Barbarossa.
They all have in common, that there are not built up and are absolutely not crowed, even not in summertime. Most of them have no sand (or very few) but little stones.

• Pros:Wonderful sights; not a tourist crow; great nightlife in summer
  • Cons:In winter not much to do; Public transport is bad
  • In a nutshell:Wonderful town for relaxing and enjoying life
  • Last visit to Palamós: Sep 2005
  • Intro Updated Sep 22, 2005

• blumia's Profile Photo
    Aug 9, 2009 at 11:51 AM

Hi Helena, thank you for sharing your tips. I tkink at the end of August we´ll come to Palamos and the region. Gabi

• 850prc's Profile Photo
    Jan 24, 2009 at 6:52 AM

The Pa amb tomàquet sounds wonderful, Helena. And I think my wife and I might like finding a quieter and romantic beach. Very nice page and a nice hometown. :)

• Manara's Profile Photo
    Dec 17, 2008 at 11:09 AM

What a beautiful and informative page! You make me want to visit.

• Aug 1, 2008 at 9:02 AM

La Gamba: I agree with Helena1962. The overall experience is delightful, but not cheap. Dinner for 2 persons, (July 2008) €106. (See my more detailed Tripadviser review)

• Sininen's Profile Photo
    Feb 8, 2006 at 9:11 AM

Hola Helena! Me gusta mucho tu pagina de Palamós! Muy buenas fotos y información! Salundos de Sini

• LanaFromRiga's Profile Photo
    Oct 24, 2005 at 7:21 AM

Palamos is great! i felt in love with in last summer when I went there with my friends.

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Apr 18, 2005 at 6:56 AM

Pues claro que hablo tambien alemán. Saludos desde Francoforte sul Meno.

Helena1962 Used To Live Here!

Helena1962

“Foreigners are friends that I still didn't get to meet”

Badges & Stats in Palamós

Have you been to Palamós?

Latest Activity in Palamós