"Into the unknown" North Korea by crewsada
North Korea Travel Guide: 725 reviews and 2,460 photos
No wonder the roads are quiet. Most people need a pernit to get from one place to the other, most are lucky to have bikes.
You could honestly lie down for a afternoon siesta and not worry about being run over - though I wouldnt advise it. There are many kinds of things in short supply.
It truly is a fascinating place to get to know.
You may need to pay a lot of cash just to get inside, but if you can afford a few days or even a week, it should be enough to absorb some of your desire and need to know about a secret pocket of the world.
The main square of the capital will surely be part of your tour list as well as many visit to several of the Pyongyangs' mammoth monuments and statues. This is adjacent to where the military parades take place during the mass games event.
Another bound to be included part of the tour will be a visit to the DMZ (demiliterized zone on the border between North and south Korea)
- Pros:the people we met were very welcoming
- Cons:you go where you are taken
- In a nutshell:An insight to a completely different world of culture
So, like with most of the things you will do in North Korea, there will be little alternative but to accept the places... more travel advice
crewsada's Related Pages
North Korea Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "North Korea - The World's Most Isolated Country"
- "Behind Enemy Lines in the Forbidden Land"
- "And now for something completely different"
- "DPRK - not another BIG story"
- "Close Encounter with DPRK"
- "A surreal experience"
- "Not really North Korea..."
- See All...
- Things to Do in North Korea
- Hotels in North Korea
- Transportation in North Korea
- Nightlife in North Korea
- Restaurants in North Korea
- Shopping in North Korea
- Warnings and Dangers in North Korea
- See All...
Badges & Stats in North Korea
- 3 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to North Korea?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in North Korea
Top 10 Pages
- Egypt Intro, 8 reviews, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- China Intro, 4 reviews, 12 photos
- Mongolia Intro, 1 review, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Libya Intro, 2 reviews, 8 photos, 1 travelogue
- Peru Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos
- Hong Kong Intro, 1 review, 8 photos
- Buenos Aires Intro, 3 reviews, 5 photos
- North Korea Intro, 3 reviews, 5 photos
- Latvia Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos
- Kiev Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos