"Vizag" Vishakhapatnam by SLilaRamachandran
Vishakhapatnam Travel Guide: 22 reviews and 93 photos
Vishakhapatnam, on the East coast of India, is mainly kown for its beautiful beaches. Not many tourists here and thats what makes it even better.
It city itself is pretty crowded but a short distance away (15 mins) you will find unspoilt beaches. In the city you can walk along the beach road to get a feel of the city. The submarine used by the Indian Navy is now on the seashore as a tourist attraction. You can take a tour of the inside if you wish.
Rishikonda being the most popular one. There is a AP tourism guest house there, which has large rooms and a decent hilltop restaurant. Prior booking is necessary since its gets crowded during weekend. The food there is spicy so make sure you ask for medium spicy food while you place your order.
A two hour journey from Vizag city is Bheemunipatnam, and old Dutch colony. A must see for history lovers is Hollanders Green cemetary & the Old Dutch cemetary. Both these contain graves of Dutch settlers from the 1600's.
St Peters Chruch nearby is also worth a visit.
About 3 hours away from Vizag is Arraku & Borra caves.
At Borra you can see million year old rock formations and an underground river. It is not advisable to wander off alone in the area as it is very easy to lose your way. The river itself has whirlpools so do not get into the water!
Further toward the Orissa border is Arraku where you can see the tribal people in their villages. You'd be surprised how little they know about city life.
- Pros:Beautiful beaches
- Cons:Very Hot summers
- In a nutshell:Worth visiting.
Do make it a point to visit the north end of Beach road where the fresh catch of the day is sold right on the beach.... more travel advice
SLilaRamachandran's Related Pages
Vishakhapatnam Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Here, where the tourists aren't you'll enjoy India"
- "Welcome to the South West Coast of India"
- "VISHAKHAPATTNAM: An Industrial City Made Touristy!"
- "A Brief view into local life."
- "Ramkrishna Beach (R.K. Beach)"
- "tourist companionship"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Vishakhapatnam
- Hotels in Vishakhapatnam
- Transportation in Vishakhapatnam
- Restaurants in Vishakhapatnam
- Shopping in Vishakhapatnam
- Warnings and Dangers in Vishakhapatnam
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Vishakhapatnam
- 2 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Vishakhapatnam?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Vishakhapatnam
Top 5 Pages
- Singapore Intro, 12 reviews, 13 photos
- Colombo Intro, 7 reviews, 6 photos
- Nuwara Eliya Intro, 3 reviews, 3 photos
- Vishakhapatnam Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Bangalore Intro, 1 review, 1 photo
No friends yet.
Latest Vishakhapatnam hotel reviews
- Sai Priya Beach Resort
- 81 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 27, 2013
- Bay Leaf - Ayurveda Spa & Resort
- 21 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jul 27, 2013
- Hotel Akshaya
- 65 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 11, 2013
- Comfort Inn Visakhapatnam
- 5 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 5, 2010
- Taj Residency
- 97 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 29, 2013
- Dolphin Hotel
- 73 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 23, 2013