"Sedlec´s Kostnice" Top 5 Page for this destination Sedlec (Bone Church) by ThiagoRamos
Sedlec (Bone Church) Travel Guide: 33 reviews and 91 photos
Located 3 km away from Kutna Hora´s city center, Sedlec is famous for its bizarre Bone Church.
In the XIII Century, Sedlec´s cemetery had up to 40.000 people buried in it. People believed that the soil of the place was sacred and because of that belief even foreigners asked to be buried there.
In 1870, the area of the cemetery had to be reduced and many skeletons had to be stored inside the church. Then Frantisek Rint, a czech woodcarver, got permission to artistically arrange the bones and created one of the most famous tourist attractions in Bohemia: Sedlec´s Bone Church ("Kostnice" in czech).
- Pros:Once in a Lifetime experience. As bizarre as it can be...
- Cons:There are more interesting places to be visited in Czech Republic
Every single detail inside the church is made of bones. Check this picture... In spite of it being really weird and of... more travel advice
On each of the 4 corners of the church there are huge bone bells where most of the bones are stored. The Schwarzenberg... more travel advice
ThiagoRamos' Related Pages
Sedlec (Bone Church) Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Sedlec Ossuary- As bizarre as it gets"
- "Bones them Bones"
- "THE AMAZING SEDLEC BONE CHURCH"
- "Sedlec Kostnice"
- "Sedlec´s Kostnice"
- "Sedlec Bone Church"
- "Firmly on the tourist trail now......"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Sedlec (Bone Church)
- Hotels in Sedlec (Bone Church)
- Transportation in Sedlec (Bone Church)
- Restaurants in Sedlec (Bone Church)
- Shopping in Sedlec (Bone Church)
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Sedlec (Bone Church)
- 8 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Sedlec (Bone Church)?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sedlec (Bone Church)
Photos in Sedlec (Bone Church)See All Photos (12)
Top 10 Pages
- Peru Intro, 23 reviews, 75 photos
- Krakow Intro, 25 reviews, 66 photos
- Parati Intro, 18 reviews, 58 photos
- Machu Picchu Intro, 22 reviews, 53 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cuzco Intro, 26 reviews, 48 photos
- Lima Intro, 20 reviews, 43 photos
- Oswiecim Intro, 17 reviews, 41 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Siofok Intro, 16 reviews, 32 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wieliczka Intro, 17 reviews, 24 photos
- Campos do Jordão Intro, 19 reviews, 13 photos