"PRAIA GRANDE" Praia Grande by ThiagoRamos
Praia Grande Travel Guide: 13 reviews and 15 photos
"Praia Grande", which means "Large Beach" in portuguese, got its political emancipation from São Vicente only in 1967, when it officially became a city. It has nowadays 190.000 inhabitants, but this number raises to 300.000 on weekends and 1,5 million during the high season (summer).
Praia Grande is a great option for those who wish to enjoy the beach atmosphere while visiting São Paulo, since the city is located only 72 Km from brazilian biggest metropolis - the closest beach as far as I know.
The main beaches are Boqueirão, Guilhermina, Aviação, Tupi, Ocian, MIrim, Caiçara, Flórida and Solemar.
The average temperature is 27ºC. Nice, isn´t it???
- Pros:Ideal beach for families; close to São Paulo.
- Cons:There are more beautiful beaches in SP, like Ilhabela, Maresias and Ubatuba.
- In a nutshell:A nice beach a step away from São Paulo.
I don´t know if FRESCOBOL is also played in other countries´ beaches, but it´s a traditional thing here in Brazil!!! At... more travel advice
As you enter Praia Grande, you´ll notice the brand new "Portal" ("Doorway" in portuguese) and a homage to brazilian F1... more travel advice
ThiagoRamos' Related Pages
Praia Grande Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Praia Grande
- Hotels in Praia Grande
- Nightlife in Praia Grande
- Restaurants in Praia Grande
- Shopping in Praia Grande
- Warnings and Dangers in Praia Grande
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Praia Grande
- 10 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Praia Grande?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Praia Grande
Photos in Praia GrandeSee All Photos (9)
Top 10 Pages
- Peru Intro, 23 reviews, 75 photos
- Krakow Intro, 25 reviews, 66 photos
- Parati Intro, 18 reviews, 58 photos
- Machu Picchu Intro, 22 reviews, 53 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cuzco Intro, 26 reviews, 48 photos
- Lima Intro, 20 reviews, 43 photos
- Oswiecim Intro, 17 reviews, 41 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Siofok Intro, 16 reviews, 32 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wieliczka Intro, 17 reviews, 24 photos
- Campos do Jordão Intro, 19 reviews, 13 photos