"THE BRAZILIAN TRAVELLER" ThiagoRamos's Profile
I´m a brazilian guy born in São Paulo, the biggest city in Brazil. When I was 9, I moved to Sorocaba, which is quite a big city too (580.000 inhabitants), 100 km from São Paulo. It´s a very dear town to me and my parents still live there.
When I was 18 I moved back to São Paulo to study Law. I graduated in University of São Paulo - USP and I´m still living here. It´s a crazy town, full of life and in constant movement. Amazing nightlife, excellent restaurants and maybe the most important cultural center of Brazil, with many cinemas, theaters, museums etc. People usually think of São Paulo as a business center, which it really is, but the city is also a great place to spend a few days as a tourist. Believe me: give Sampa a chance and you won´t regret.
When I was a teenager I´ve been to Europe 3 times with my family. My father is a History Professor and I think he´s the one who sowed the seed of travelling in my heart. Now I´m addicted to it!!!
We´ve been to Portugal, Spain, France, Italy, Switzerland and Great Britain. I hope I can visit all these places again before I die...
We have also been to Chile, where I could see the snow for the first time. That´s something we don´t have here in Brazil, so it´s very easy to meet people who have never seen the snow. Funny thing.
I´ve been lazily working on scanning all the pictures of these trips, but it´s sooo boring!!! Unfortunately, I´m slowly realizing that printed pictures are corpses waiting to be buried. Sad for me because I´ve always loved them.
I´ve really enjoyed these trips with my family, but, honestly, it´s certainly not the same thing!!! Going on your own and paying your own bills is a different story...
Me and a friend started in Romania (Bucharest, Sinaia, Brasov and Sighisoara), went to Hungary (Budapest, Eger and Siófok), then to Austria (Vienna only), to the Czech Republic (Prague, Cesky Krumlov and Kutna Hora) and, finally, to Poland (Warsaw, Krakow, Wieliczka and Auschwitz). Crazy nights in Bucharest, Budapest, Prague and Krakow... unforgettable...
All the 5 coutries are amazing places!!! The best trip of my life...
For a brazilian guy like me, visiting south american countries is always cheaper than going to Europe, North America, Oceania, Asia etc., mainly because of the airfares. That´s someting I should do more often...
PERU WAS GREAT!!! It´s impossible to describe Machu Picchu. Even the pictures are not good enough for that. You must go there to understand it...
Cuzco is very beautiful and a great place to have fun. There are beautiful things to be photographed everywhere, the people is so thoughtful and tender and the parties are awesome!!!
Brazil is a wonderful country!!! Beautiful beaches, unspoilled wild life, history, big cities, small cities, carnival, parties everywhere and people trying to help you wherever you go.
I´m slowly building some pages of brazilian cities. It´s a huge country so it´s impossible to go everywhere (and sometimes very expensive too!!!). My favorite one is Paraty. Please check it out!!
It´s so strange to take pictures in your own city. But I´ve been doing that in São Paulo (SP) and will probably bring you a page about this huge city someday. Believe it or not, I´m beggining to look to a city from a different perspective, which is very interesting...
I´ve been travelling a lot around Brazil lately, sometimes because I need to, sometimes because I want to and I can. And it´s great!!! Recently, I´ve been to:
Rio de Janeiro (RJ) - for a friend´s marriage and I´ve had an excellent day there with my girlfriend.
Recife (PE) - to pay a visit to a dear friend. It´s a great place to visit, with nice restaurants ans wonderful beaches nearby.
Bueno Brandão (MG) - a tiny little town in the south of Minas Gerais, 165 Km from São Paulo. This town deserves a VT page!!! Nature at its best!!!
Vitória (ES) - for reveillón. It´s the smallest capital in brazilian southeast, 500 km north of Rio. Still dreaming with "moquecas capixabas", the traditional local dish.
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 270 Reviews
- 584 Photos
- 7 Countries
- 18 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
- Posted in Travel São Paulo Forum "Re: Embu das Artes"
- ThiagoRamos and lambcrew1979 are now friends.
- Uploaded a Photo to "VITÓRIA - ES"
- created a Vitória Travel Page "VITÓRIA - ES"
- Wrote a Review Moqueca Capixaba in Vitória Local Customs
updated their Personal Page "Some Capitals of Brazilian States"
- Commented on cachaseiro's profile page
- Uploaded a Video to São Paulo
PhotosSee All Photos (584)
Top 10 Pages
- Peru Intro, 23 reviews, 75 photos
- Krakow Intro, 25 reviews, 66 photos
- Parati Intro, 18 reviews, 58 photos
- Machu Picchu Intro, 22 reviews, 53 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cuzco Intro, 26 reviews, 48 photos
- Lima Intro, 20 reviews, 43 photos
- Oswiecim Intro, 17 reviews, 41 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Siofok Intro, 16 reviews, 32 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wieliczka Intro, 17 reviews, 24 photos
- Campos do Jordão Intro, 19 reviews, 13 photos
- Paris Hotels
- 22500 Reviews - 55076 Photos
- Fort Lauderdale Hotels
- 659 Reviews - 1389 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2702 Reviews - 7927 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23331 Reviews - 48936 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 2029 Reviews - 4971 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15645 Reviews - 31276 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 328 Reviews - 894 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1933 Reviews - 3724 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3100 Reviews - 5884 Photos
- Punta Cana Hotels
- 422 Reviews - 1020 Photos
- Playa del Carmen Hotels
- 781 Reviews - 1749 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2059 Reviews - 3877 Photos
- Bangkok Hotels
- 10316 Reviews - 22906 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 12024 Reviews - 26769 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7829 Reviews - 20234 Photos