"LCY LGW LHR LTN STN" London by DrexelDragon

London Travel Guide: 23,504 reviews and 49,611 photos

It don't believe what they say about the rain...

I have been to London three separate occasions, and each time it has not rained once. I was there in June 04, April 04, and June 01. London must love me. 8)

Back in June, I met up with my compadres before our trip to Lisbon for Euro 2004. We had a hell of a time. Got kicked out of one place; stayed in another even better place. Went out in Brighton. Toured around town. Celebrated a vital England win in the group stage of the championship, and then almost missed my flight out. 3 days - no rain.

Back in April, I met up with my same friends, but this time just for the hell of it. Another rain-free, jolly weekend. This is when I discovered the White Chapel section of the city - mmm good. It was worth the $$$ for the last minute flight.

In June of 2001, London was the opener for my 6 week tour of Europe with Chris, Mike and Tavis. Tavis is a dual citizen with relatives in the South Norwood (Crystal Palace) neighborhood of London. We were lucky to stay with his family to reduce our trip expense, since 9 days in London could have added up to be pretty hefty $$$. We had a great time. Soho. Covent Garden. Leicester Square. Trafalgar Square. Victoria train station. The undergournd. Wimbledon. Best of all...9 days of warm, sunny weather.

• Pros:Transportation and endless list of things to see and do.
  • Cons:Exchange rate.
  • In a nutshell:Stands out in Europe.
  • Last visit to London: Jun 2004
  • Intro Written Nov 22, 2004

Comments

DrexelDragon

“You don't realize how green the grass is until you've been to the other side...”

Badges & Stats in London