""Here fishy fishy fishy..."" Killybegs by DrexelDragon
Killybegs Travel Guide: 4 reviews and 6 photos
The employment in Killybegs is and has been based on fishing. It is very much still an active and busy port. The short 15 minute drive west from Donegal Town to Killybegs is worth it to see all the big trawlers that can be docked there. It's a small town, and I wish I had gotten out of the car instead of stopping and watching some fish being offloaded. Reputedly, there is a great restaurant that serves up a seafood lunch. Lonely Planet also says that you are likely to come across people from all over Europe since the trawlers draw fishermen from all over.
- Pros:Seafood galore.
- Cons:Didn't see enough.
- In a nutshell:Ireland's most important fishing port.
DrexelDragon's Related Pages
Killybegs Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- ""Here fishy fishy fishy...""
- "The quaint village of Killybegs"
- "Smells like Fish"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Killybegs
- 1 Reviews
- 0 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Killybegs?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Killybegs
Top 10 Pages
- Mykonos Intro, 26 reviews, 19 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Derry Intro, 27 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Philadelphia Intro, 39 reviews
- Thessaloniki Intro, 24 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Whistler Intro, 8 reviews, 27 photos, 2 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 12 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue
- Nevada Intro, 4 reviews, 21 photos, 3 travelogues
- Galway Intro, 14 reviews, 4 photos
- Greece Intro, 7 reviews, 9 photos
- Dublin Intro, 12 reviews, 4 photos
No friends yet.