"Where's my home? Do I have a home?" DrexelDragon's Profile

Work

Work. Work is, uh, how do we say...umm...SUCKS!!! ... most of the time anyhow. I do like it sometimes (especially when I get my pay with lots of overtime and doubletime), but not like the times you see here. It does keep me on the road all the time, and my employer pays for all of my living expenses, which is a good thing. Taking me to different places is one of the main things I really like about my job. It's given me great perspective on myself, life, other people, other cultures, and the job itself. I feel it's unfair some people don't get to have the exposure I've had.

BUT, I have been home maybe 1.5 months total in the past 2-2.5 years? I can't even remember, because it's been so long. I don't know who my friends are anymore almost. Plus, this job is a relationship wrecker...at least 2 and counting.

Anyway, I think things are going to change. I'm going to change. Ever see Trainspotting? Think of the monologue Ewan McGregor rambles out to end the movie.

Well said.

That ain't me...

Some people here are really into putting up their poems and ***. I say *** dat. If you're into it, great...express yourself. Me? How about I give you the finger, and you go sit down? That's about as far as my self-expression and poetic nature goes. This is just kind of a hobby for me. Some of my tips are corny, and some I just don't give a toss about. I really do it for the rememberance effect and way for friends & fam to follow me around.

So, basically, you may see some random photos or things that just don't make sense. That's because it's mainly funny to me and others I travelled with. Yet, for the most part, I try to be informative and give a good understanding for what my experience was like for each.

But, really, I'm a decent chappy!!!

I like to travel...not just for work, but to get out and live a little. Skiing is my main thing nowadays, although I can't do it as frequently as I did during my last year of university. I hope my next project takes me to Northern Italy so I can ski the Alps. Though, somewhere on some backcountry in Turkey would be kickass too.

Football (soccer) is my main team sport and the only organized sport I played growing up. I've been to Euro2004, and with some luck, I'm quitting my job in June and going to the World Cup in Germany in '06.

• Intro Written Oct 20, 2005

Personal Pages (1)

• toemayn's Profile Photo
    Jul 16, 2014 at 2:58 PM

Hope your birthday is filled with all the fun you can handle!

• kahnjetta's Profile Photo
    Jul 16, 2014 at 10:56 AM

Happy Birthday ! I hope you enjoy your special day.

• dlandt's Profile Photo
    Mar 27, 2012 at 9:29 PM

McGllians was everything you said and more, encountered a bachelorette party, guzzled house bier and gobbled up wings, did everything but dance on the tables! NICE TIP!

• Etoile2B's Profile Photo
    Jul 16, 2008 at 11:03 AM

Happy Birthday from sunny California! Here's to many more wonderful years!

• Lyndra's Profile Photo
    Jul 15, 2007 at 11:57 PM

A very happy birthday to you :-)

• traveloturc's Profile Photo
    Jul 15, 2007 at 11:21 PM

Happy birthday to you from Istanbul / Turkiye ..I wish that you realize all your dreams ...good luck

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Jul 16, 2006 at 9:54 AM

Hope your birthday is terrific and filled with fun (and no work).

• BorneoGrrl's Profile Photo
    Jul 16, 2006 at 6:21 AM

Hello and happy birthday from Sudan & Malaysia. :) Valerie

• Kaynisa's Profile Photo
    Jul 16, 2006 at 5:52 AM

Heya.. Happy birthday to you♫ Happy birthday to you♫♫ Happy birthday to you ♫ Happy birthday to you♫♫ Greetings from Malaysia~~K~~

• joysweet's Profile Photo
    Jul 16, 2006 at 1:41 AM

mabuhay! birthday greetings from manila, philippines! happy travels! :)

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
DrexelDragon's Profile Photo

DrexelDragon

“You don't realize how green the grass is until you've been to the other side...”

Real Name