"Where's my home? Do I have a home?" DrexelDragon's Profile
Work. Work is, uh, how do we say...umm...SUCKS!!! ... most of the time anyhow. I do like it sometimes (especially when I get my pay with lots of overtime and doubletime), but not like the times you see here. It does keep me on the road all the time, and my employer pays for all of my living expenses, which is a good thing. Taking me to different places is one of the main things I really like about my job. It's given me great perspective on myself, life, other people, other cultures, and the job itself. I feel it's unfair some people don't get to have the exposure I've had.
BUT, I have been home maybe 1.5 months total in the past 2-2.5 years? I can't even remember, because it's been so long. I don't know who my friends are anymore almost. Plus, this job is a relationship wrecker...at least 2 and counting.
Anyway, I think things are going to change. I'm going to change. Ever see Trainspotting? Think of the monologue Ewan McGregor rambles out to end the movie.
Some people here are really into putting up their poems and ***. I say *** dat. If you're into it, great...express yourself. Me? How about I give you the finger, and you go sit down? That's about as far as my self-expression and poetic nature goes. This is just kind of a hobby for me. Some of my tips are corny, and some I just don't give a toss about. I really do it for the rememberance effect and way for friends & fam to follow me around.
So, basically, you may see some random photos or things that just don't make sense. That's because it's mainly funny to me and others I travelled with. Yet, for the most part, I try to be informative and give a good understanding for what my experience was like for each.
I like to travel...not just for work, but to get out and live a little. Skiing is my main thing nowadays, although I can't do it as frequently as I did during my last year of university. I hope my next project takes me to Northern Italy so I can ski the Alps. Though, somewhere on some backcountry in Turkey would be kickass too.
Football (soccer) is my main team sport and the only organized sport I played growing up. I've been to Euro2004, and with some luck, I'm quitting my job in June and going to the World Cup in Germany in '06.
Personal Pages (1)
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 217 Reviews
- 206 Photos
- 6 Countries
- 17 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
- Posted in Travel Munich Forum "Re: Accomodation & Weather"
- Commented on one of globaltramp's Atyrau travel pages
- created a Atyrau Travel Page "Capitalism Rising"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Capitalism Rising"
created their Profile Page "Where's my home? Do I have a home?"
- Wrote a Review Windmills in Mykonos Things to Do
Top 10 Pages
- Mykonos Intro, 26 reviews, 19 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Derry Intro, 27 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Philadelphia Intro, 39 reviews
- Thessaloniki Intro, 24 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Whistler Intro, 8 reviews, 27 photos, 2 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 12 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue
- Nevada Intro, 4 reviews, 21 photos, 3 travelogues
- Galway Intro, 14 reviews, 4 photos
- Greece Intro, 7 reviews, 9 photos
- Dublin Intro, 12 reviews, 4 photos
No friends yet.