"BAALBEK" Mohafazat Beqaa by nadina
Mohafazat Beqaa Travel Guide: 224 reviews and 913 photos
Baalbek is situated in the northern,Bekaa valley,about 86 kilometers from Beirut the capitol.
BAALBEK MEANS: "GOD(BAAL) of the BeQAA', and refers to the fertile Beqaa plain.
Baalbek is the most important& impressive ancient Roman site to be found in the Middle East.
This picture is a Plaque on the wall honouring the visit of Kaiser Willhelm to the Temple of Baachus in Baalbek
Baalbek 's temples were built on an extravagant scale on the site of earlier temples.it is also known as "THE SUN CITY"of the ancient world.
This Phoenician city, where a triad of deities was worshipped, was known as Heliopolis during the Hellenistic period. It retained its religious function during Roman times, when the sanctuary of the Heliopolitan Jupiter attracted thousands of pilgrims. Baalbek, with its colossal structures, is one of the finest examples of Imperial Roman architecture at its apogee.
YOU WILL REGRET FOR LIFE IF YOU MISS THIS SITE IN LEBANON!!!!!
- Pros:THIS IS A "MUST VISIT "SPOT IN LEBANON
nadina's Related Pages
Mohafazat Beqaa Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Mohafazat Beqaa
- Hotels in Mohafazat Beqaa
- Transportation in Mohafazat Beqaa
- Nightlife in Mohafazat Beqaa
- Restaurants in Mohafazat Beqaa
- Shopping in Mohafazat Beqaa
- Warnings and Dangers in Mohafazat Beqaa
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Mohafazat Beqaa
- 2 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Mohafazat Beqaa?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mohafazat Beqaa
Photos in Mohafazat BeqaaSee All Photos (5)
Top 5 Pages
- Mohafazat Liban-Nord Intro, 21 reviews, 24 photos
- Mohafazat Mont-Liban Intro, 9 reviews, 12 photos
- Beirut Intro, 6 reviews, 9 photos
- Lebanon Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos
- Mohafazat Beqaa Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos