"TYR-Lebanon" Mohafazat Liban-Sud by nadina
Mohafazat Liban-Sud Travel Guide: 4 reviews and 16 photos
Prosperous and enchanting island city, thanks to its glass manufacturing and the production of its famous
purple dye, Tyre often brought the envious eyes of the conquering hordes.
Once ,you'll be there,you will see and discover:
The ancient Phoenician port,
- Roman and Byzantine roads,
- Extensive Necropolis,
- Roman hippodromes,
- Roman aqueducts&much more..
In 814 B.C., Ellissa, the daughter of Matton, King of Tyre, founded Carthage (Tunisia). Today, the relics are a silent testimony
to its splendour: arch of triumph, therms of Tyr, hippodrome, necropolis, etc...
Tyre was originally a rocky Island. Its name was derived from the Semitic word "Sr." meaning "rock!
nadina's Related Pages
Mohafazat Liban-Sud Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "2006 battle in the very south"
- "Crusaders, Zionists and Hizbullah"
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Mohafazat Liban-Sud
- 2 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Mohafazat Liban-Sud?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mohafazat Liban-Sud
Photos in Mohafazat Liban-SudSee All Photos (5)
Top 5 Pages
- Mohafazat Liban-Nord Intro, 21 reviews, 24 photos
- Mohafazat Mont-Liban Intro, 9 reviews, 12 photos
- Beirut Intro, 6 reviews, 9 photos
- Lebanon Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos
- Mohafazat Beqaa Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos