"Gomel / Homyel' City" Homyel' by Ujamaflip
Homyel' Travel Guide: 10 reviews and 18 photos
Gomel is a city in the south-east of Belarus sitting on the river Sozh. Due to its proximity to Chernobyl, and the prevailing winds, it was one of the most affected cities during the Chernobyl accident in 1986.
The people of Gomel are welcoming and friendly, and the surrounding forests and villiages make excellent surroundings for walking and barbeques.
A lot of radioactive fallout from the 1986 Chernobyl accident fell around Gomel (See this MAP). Many areas remain in the... more travel advice
The currency in Belarus is Belorussian Rubles. Booming inflation in Belarus has lead to a great reduction in the value... more travel advice
Ujamaflip's Related Pages
Homyel' Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Gomel / Homyel' City"
- "A land of contradictions"
- "Pleasant one day stay in Gomel"
- "rugged's new Homyel Page"
- "My Home:)"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Homyel'
- Restaurants in Homyel'
- Warnings and Dangers in Homyel'
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Homyel'
- 7 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Homyel'?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Homyel'
Photos in Homyel'See All Photos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- Chicago Intro, 21 reviews, 35 photos
- Strasbourg Intro, 20 reviews, 32 photos, 2 travelogues
- Karlsruhe Intro, 17 reviews, 19 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baden-Baden Intro, 21 reviews, 14 photos
- Moscow Intro, 9 reviews, 11 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Burg Hohenzollern Intro, 8 reviews, 9 photos
- Gibraltar Intro, 6 reviews, 8 photos
- Freiburg im Breisgau Intro, 6 reviews, 8 photos
- Oberharmersbach Intro, 5 reviews, 8 photos
- Homyel' Intro, 7 reviews, 6 photos