"Historic Town in a Beautiful setting" Zell am Harmersbach by Ujamaflip
Zell am Harmersbach Travel Guide: 15 reviews and 58 photos
Zell am Harmersbach is a small town in the middle Black Forest, near Oberharmersbach. The town has a lot of history, during the middle ages it was the smallest Free City in Germany, with little over 200 people within its walls, and today is well geared towards tourists, with plenty of information on the sights to see.
I visited this place with colleagues during our yearly visit to the Black Forest. We had arranged a "Kneipe Tour", where a German guide showed us the main sights in the town, explained the history, and kept us well fed and watered!
The town is well worth a visit if you are in the area, a very colourful, interesting town with lots to do and see.
Zell am Harmersbach's main street is bordered with beatiful, very colourful buildings. The roof's mostly feature colourful designs with different tiles, and the buildings are mainly of the half-timbered style, based on the architecture found in Strassbourg.
Many buildings in Zell am Harmersbach have a special status, and are maintained and protected by the government.
- Pros:Historic Town with a lot of information and interesting sights
- Cons:Still quite small, and not much information in English
The Black Forest has beautiful scenery, and whilst Zell am Harmersbach isn`t the highest or most rugged region, it is... more travel advice
Narrenbrunnen is a fountain on the main street of Zell am Harmersbach. The fountain is adorned with three very strange... more travel advice
Ujamaflip's Related Pages
Zell am Harmersbach Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Smallest Imperial City and Its Fastnacht"
- "Historic Town in a Beautiful setting"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Zell am Harmersbach
- Transportation in Zell am Harmersbach
- Restaurants in Zell am Harmersbach
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Zell am Harmersbach
- 4 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Zell am Harmersbach?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Zell am Harmersbach
Photos in Zell am HarmersbachSee All Photos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- Chicago Intro, 21 reviews, 35 photos
- Strasbourg Intro, 20 reviews, 32 photos, 2 travelogues
- Karlsruhe Intro, 17 reviews, 19 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baden-Baden Intro, 21 reviews, 14 photos
- Moscow Intro, 9 reviews, 11 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Burg Hohenzollern Intro, 8 reviews, 9 photos
- Gibraltar Intro, 6 reviews, 8 photos
- Freiburg im Breisgau Intro, 6 reviews, 8 photos
- Homyel' Intro, 7 reviews, 6 photos
- Oberharmersbach Intro, 5 reviews, 8 photos