"Hermann Hesse and Calw" Calw by Ujamaflip
Calw Travel Guide: 8 reviews and 36 photos
On Monday 2nd July 1877 at 18:30 Hermann Hesse was born in a flat on the second floor of Marktplatz 6, Calw, opposite the town hall, and lived there for the greater part of his youth.
Hermann Hesse is one of Germany's, if not the World's best writers. In 1946 he was awarded the Nobel Prize for literature for his book "The Glass Bead Game", or, in German, "Das Glasperlenspiel".
In addition to the excellent Hermann Hesse Museum, the town has several interesting sites to visit, including a lot of information relating to Hesse. The town itself is a quaint, attractive town, sitting on the River Nagold.
- Pros:Excellent history on Hermann Hesse
- In a nutshell:Essential visit for any Hesse Fans
Ujamaflip's Related Pages
Calw Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Wonderful Black Forest"
- "Hermann Hesse and Calw"
- "Home of Hermann Hesse"
- "Calw Under Construction"
- "Black Forest"
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Calw
- 1 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Calw?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Calw
Top 10 Pages
- Chicago Intro, 21 reviews, 35 photos
- Strasbourg Intro, 20 reviews, 32 photos, 2 travelogues
- Karlsruhe Intro, 17 reviews, 19 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baden-Baden Intro, 21 reviews, 14 photos
- Moscow Intro, 9 reviews, 11 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Burg Hohenzollern Intro, 8 reviews, 9 photos
- Gibraltar Intro, 6 reviews, 8 photos
- Freiburg im Breisgau Intro, 6 reviews, 8 photos
- Homyel' Intro, 7 reviews, 6 photos
- Oberharmersbach Intro, 5 reviews, 8 photos