"Caye Caulker" Caye Caulker by johannt
Caye Caulker Travel Guide: 481 reviews and 952 photos
Welcome to my travel page for Caye Caulker (pronounced Key Corker).
This is a tiny island that one can literally run around in less than 30 mins.
I spent one week there from May 4, 2005 till May 11, 2005.
My purpose was to go scuba diving at spots just north and little further south of the island.
In this respect, my mission was accomplished.
The only concern I had with the island had to do with the beaches. The sand is not very soft and there was a lot of seaweed. Together it makes it uncomfortable to relax on.
But! IF you are going for Scuba Diving, it was a fine island to be on.
There are 3 main diving operations on Caye Caulker - Big Fish, Paradise and Frenchie's.
I went with Frenchie's with most of my dives, but had to use Big Fish to go to the Blue Hole.
Frenchie's diving costs are as follows:
Local dives = U$60 for 2-tanks
Hol Chan = "U$90 for 2-tanks.
Blue Hole = U$165 for 3-tanks (incl. Park Fee)
The only problem I had with both operators was that they used speed boats and not larger, more comfortable boats for the trips.
At the end of the week though, I was used to the speed boats and it didn't bother me to spend 2 hours returning from a dive site in one.
- Pros:small, laid-back, peaceful, highly conducive to reading and relaxing, safe, diving
- Cons:Shower water is salty, a little pricey - ($75 / day, incl. accommodation and meals)
- In a nutshell:A good spot to spend 1-week --- time goes by really slowly.
johannt's Related Pages
Caye Caulker Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Something different under the sun!"
- "Caye Caulker - Ya Betta Belize It!"
- "I Miss Caye Caulker Already"
- "RELAXING IN PARADISE"
- "Caye Caulker"
- "Laid Back"
- "Laid back and life-changing: Caye Caulker"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Caye Caulker
- Hotels in Caye Caulker
- Transportation in Caye Caulker
- Nightlife in Caye Caulker
- Restaurants in Caye Caulker
- Shopping in Caye Caulker
- Warnings and Dangers in Caye Caulker
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Caye Caulker
- 1 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 7 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to Caye Caulker?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Caye Caulker
Top 10 Pages
- Berlin Intro, 2 reviews, 8 photos
- London 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Caye Caulker Intro, 1 review, 3 photos
- Thailand Intro, 2 photos
- Brussels 1 review, 1 photo
- Lourdes 1 review, 1 photo
- Germany Intro, 1 photo
- Sri Lanka Intro, 1 photo
- Amsterdam Intro, 1 photo
- Cambodia Intro, 1 photo
No friends yet.