"Pillnitz" Schloß Pillnitz by debrannan
Schloß Pillnitz Travel Guide: 64 reviews and 367 photos
Another class trip - unfortunately after a very long day in Berlin meeting with planners, touring a cold war bunker outside of Berlin, a regional metro park (outside of Berlin) we arrived for dinner at Schloss Pillnitz. We only had a short time before dinner to see the grounds and after a 14 hour day of touring - we were tired (and cranky). It should not be taken out on this elaborate estate - worth more than a brief 20 minute before dinner run through. Dinner at the castle was very good, although it has a limited menu.
Fortunately, my friends in Dresden enabled me to return for a more lengthy visit after classes were over. It was wonderful to stroll along in the gardens. There is a unique feature where a large tree is exposed in the summer time and in the winter a moving greenhouse slides over the tree to protect it from the wintery cold.
debrannan's Related Pages
Schloß Pillnitz Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Pillnitz - not only the Palace and Gardens!"
- "Pillnitz: Palaces, Gardens, Vineyards and the Elbe"
- "SCHLOSS PILLNITZ"
- "A Wombat In Pillnitz"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Schloß Pillnitz
- Hotels in Schloß Pillnitz
- Transportation in Schloß Pillnitz
- Restaurants in Schloß Pillnitz
- Shopping in Schloß Pillnitz
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Schloß Pillnitz
- 0 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Schloß Pillnitz?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Schloß Pillnitz
Top 10 Pages
- Columbus Intro, 13 reviews, 8 photos
- Dresden Intro, 4 reviews, 7 photos
- Paris Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
- Prague Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
- Versailles Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
- Vienna Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Interlaken Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Meißen Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Hawaii (State of) Intro, 1 review, 3 photos, 1 travelogue
- Budapest Intro, 1 review, 3 photos