"Restored Beauty" Dresden by debrannan
Dresden Travel Guide: 1,344 reviews and 4,034 photos
I had a chance to study in Dresden last summer and meet some wonderful people. It is a beautiful city day and night. There are many things to do in the surrounding communities as well in the city area. Be sure to plan to be here a few days so that you may take in many of the sights they have to offer. I'm looking forward to my visit in November.
Seems like yesterday with the scars exposed - preserving a tragic event. There has been a lot of rebuilding in the Aldstadt area but some of it has been left, maybe as a remindered of the tragedy. I heard stories from friends about their grandmothers, rubble women, who moved, piece by piece the destroyed buildings. You must see pictures of the destruction to understand how much work has been done.
Under construction this goes in one side of a mountain and out the other. A brewery sits atop one of the tunnel's exits. I cannot describe with words how much fun it was to drive on the autobahn - like nothing else I have ever done - foot to the floor - going, going, gone.
There are so many wonderful choices on the menu it is really hard to decided but I went with the lamb. They do have... more travel advice
In the Neustadt there is a redevelopment area that has a creative edge (kunst means art). The buildings have been made... more travel advice
debrannan's Related Pages
Dresden Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Welcome to Dresden"
- "Still Beautiful Elegance"
- "WONDERFUL DRESDEN!"
- "Back to the Future: From Rubble to Baroque Beauty"
- "Dresden in 1995"
- "Opera and Cycling in Dresden"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Dresden
- Hotels in Dresden
- Transportation in Dresden
- Nightlife in Dresden
- Restaurants in Dresden
- Shopping in Dresden
- Warnings and Dangers in Dresden
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Dresden
- 4 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Dresden?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Dresden
Top 10 Pages
- Columbus Intro, 13 reviews, 8 photos
- Dresden Intro, 4 reviews, 7 photos
- Paris Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
- Prague Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
- Versailles Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
- Vienna Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Interlaken Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Meißen Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Hawaii (State of) Intro, 1 review, 3 photos, 1 travelogue
- Budapest Intro, 1 review, 3 photos