"Back to Basics..........Bislig" Bislig by maple_air
Bislig Travel Guide: 4 reviews and 59 photos
We were awake at 4am already. After spending one night in Mawmawan Island two nights ago, we were ready to bid this tiny fishing village of Hinatuan goodbye. Hoping to leave by 5 am, so as to reach Bislig, a small sleepy city still part of Surigao del Sur, by 9 am.
In the Philippines, unless you are in the big cities, most rural areas are still undergoing road development,So you end up travelling on intermittent cemented and dirt road. So off we went. Looking forward to another bone-breaking, bumpy journey...NOT!
Our next stop is the Tinuy-an Falls, located in Bislig. It is actually found in an area owned by PICOP, a private paper making company that went bust a few years ago. But they do allow the public to visit this falls.
Now I have no idea actually how this fall looks like. All they told me is, it cascades into a few layers like a cake. Well, this better be good, cause after this long bumpy ride, i will really run amok if when we get there and i only see a baby waterfalls!
The main picture was my first view of this place.Right in front of where we parked our van. Well, you could tell my heart sank! I might as well have a shower in my place!!.................
.............and then after a few flight of steps, i could hear it. Much louder. A sound you would attached to a much bigger source of water.
And then there it was. In all it's majestic glory. I couldn't contain my excitement, well all of us really,we were just too happy to see it! and couldn't wait to take a dip and conquer it. I actually had one of my ....."You had me at hello" moments again!
- Pros:everything about it!
- In a nutshell:It's like finding El Dorado!
After enjoying the waters on the upper level of the falls, we went back down, had a meal and then went for a ride on a... more travel advice
maple_air's Related Pages
Bislig Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Back to Basics..........Bislig"
- "Niagara falls of the Philippines"
- "Tinago's out, Tinuy-an's in"
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Bislig
- 3 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Bislig?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bislig
Photos in BisligSee All Photos (10)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Boracay Island Intro, 24 reviews, 33 photos, 1 travelogue
- Davao City Intro, 15 reviews, 32 photos
- Prague Intro, 12 reviews, 23 photos, 2 travelogues
- Bled Intro, 15 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- Ljubljana Intro, 11 reviews, 13 photos
- Province of Surigao del Sur Intro, 6 reviews, 13 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 5 reviews, 13 photos
- Athens Intro, 7 reviews, 10 photos
- Bislig Intro, 3 reviews, 10 photos
- Bohol Intro, 3 reviews, 9 photos