"Paradise in my backyard" Top 5 Page for this destination Boracay Island by maple_air

Boracay Island Travel Guide: 1,637 reviews and 4,695 photos

Wherever you want to see the face of God, you will see it.

- The Pilgrimage by: Paulo Coelho

BORACAY.....a place i've always heard of since time immemorial. For a young girl, growing up in an archipelago made up of 7,100 islands. Boracay to me then is like a place that's a million miles away....a distant place that only those whose got lots of money or whose got cars to travel great distance can afford to go to or even comparable to a trip abroad. But that was back in the days of innocence and naivety, when my mean source of income was a 1 peso coin that my papa would give to me everytime he leaves for work, so i could buy my favorite sweeties.

But ALAS! i could say, those were the days my friend. I finally made the decision to go and see this place that both the local people and foreigners were raving about. What's with this beach island? it's just gonna be one of those beach that i see around.....what's the big fuss??......why not check it out, myself?

I see it from a distance and its just another island for me. As the boat comes nearer its shores, i've noticed the emerald-green almost pristine waters, as well as the long stretch of its white-sandy shores.

Filipinos by nature are friendly, but this is definitely one place,that i was bowled over by the friendliness of the locals. They always seemed to have this genuine trait in them to help you or assist you. And this is one place where i have the chance to talk to very interesting characters, one is a very animated 12 year old girl whose hair-braiding speed and talent was a first for us to see, i think she braided my very long hair in probably less than 30 minutes!...or the university professor, who comes here every school break to look after their family business, who hates the present president of the country and how the goverment is being run.

That's how i knew that a certain place is special to me. ....the place, the people, the food, the aura of the whole holiday itself and the persons i shared the experience with . I never thought, after i've been to a lot of places in this world, that i'd find that feeling of unimaginable happiness, right in my own backyard. After all, as always been said..............Home is where the heart is.

• Pros:simple, yet, it has everything....sun, sand, food, fun, nightlife...memories
  • Cons:still thinkin'?
  • In a nutshell:i could live there!
  • Last visit to Boracay Island: Apr 2005
  • Intro Updated Apr 22, 2005

Travelogues (1)

maple_air

“Dum spiro,spero”

Badges & Stats in Boracay Island

Have you been to Boracay Island?

Latest Activity in Boracay Island