"Paradise in my backyard" Top 5 Page for this destination Boracay Island by maple_air
Boracay Island Travel Guide: 1,635 reviews and 4,532 photos
- The Pilgrimage by: Paulo Coelho
BORACAY.....a place i've always heard of since time immemorial. For a young girl, growing up in an archipelago made up of 7,100 islands. Boracay to me then is like a place that's a million miles away....a distant place that only those whose got lots of money or whose got cars to travel great distance can afford to go to or even comparable to a trip abroad. But that was back in the days of innocence and naivety, when my mean source of income was a 1 peso coin that my papa would give to me everytime he leaves for work, so i could buy my favorite sweeties.
But ALAS! i could say, those were the days my friend. I finally made the decision to go and see this place that both the local people and foreigners were raving about. What's with this beach island? it's just gonna be one of those beach that i see around.....what's the big fuss??......why not check it out, myself?
Filipinos by nature are friendly, but this is definitely one place,that i was bowled over by the friendliness of the locals. They always seemed to have this genuine trait in them to help you or assist you. And this is one place where i have the chance to talk to very interesting characters, one is a very animated 12 year old girl whose hair-braiding speed and talent was a first for us to see, i think she braided my very long hair in probably less than 30 minutes!...or the university professor, who comes here every school break to look after their family business, who hates the present president of the country and how the goverment is being run.
- Pros:simple, yet, it has everything....sun, sand, food, fun, nightlife...memories
- Cons:still thinkin'?
- In a nutshell:i could live there!
This rock has somehow been associated with this island. For the religious Filipinos, the local tourist seek out this... more travel advice
Sandcastles and other sand masterpieces are a sight to behold each night. They lined the shores and are usual sights at... more travel advice
maple_air's Related Pages
Boracay Island Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Island Life"
- "Mabuhay, Welcome to Boracay!"
- "Yielding To The Call Of The Islands"
- "Boracay Barefootin'"
- "Paradise in my backyard"
- "My longest VT meet"
- "Honeymoon in Boracay.."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Boracay Island
- Hotels in Boracay Island
- Transportation in Boracay Island
- Nightlife in Boracay Island
- Restaurants in Boracay Island
- Shopping in Boracay Island
- Warnings and Dangers in Boracay Island
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Boracay Island
- 24 Reviews
- 32 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 11 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Boracay Island?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Boracay Island
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Boracay Island Intro, 24 reviews, 33 photos, 1 travelogue
- Davao City Intro, 15 reviews, 32 photos
- Prague Intro, 12 reviews, 23 photos, 2 travelogues
- Bled Intro, 15 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- Ljubljana Intro, 11 reviews, 13 photos
- Province of Surigao del Sur Intro, 6 reviews, 13 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 5 reviews, 13 photos
- Athens Intro, 7 reviews, 10 photos
- Bislig Intro, 3 reviews, 10 photos
- Bohol Intro, 3 reviews, 9 photos