"Starting place of the Viking Trail" Deer Lake by brazwhazz
Deer Lake Travel Guide: 33 reviews and 66 photos
Known as the "gateway to Gros Morne National Park", Deer Lake is a sleepy town at the crossroads of two of Newfoundland's major highways -- the Trans-Canada Highway and the Viking Trail. Deer Lake's location and regional airport make it a transportation hub of sorts, but very few people stay here long, since even the area's main attractions are outside of town.
The above photo shows the place where we spent the majority of our time in Deer Lake -- at the Irving Big Stop, which is a convenient stop for tourists driving by as well as the bus terminal for non-drivers like us.
- Pros:Most major services are offered here
- Cons:Most of its attractions take a backseat to better ones nearby
Deer Lake has a visitor information booth, located on the Trans-Canada Highway. So if you have any needs before moving... more travel advice
Opened in 1998, the unpretentious Newfoundland Insectarium is probably Deer Lake's best-known tourist attraction. It is... more travel advice
brazwhazz's Related Pages
Deer Lake Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Gros Morne National Park"
- "Starting place of the Viking Trail"
- "Deer Lake - A Simple Town By The Lake"
- "Stop in my way to the Gros Morne National Park"
- "Gros Morne National park"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Deer Lake
- Hotels in Deer Lake
- Transportation in Deer Lake
- Nightlife in Deer Lake
- Restaurants in Deer Lake
- Shopping in Deer Lake
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Deer Lake
- 4 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Deer Lake?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Deer Lake
Photos in Deer LakeSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Montreal Intro, 48 reviews, 46 photos
- Moscow Intro, 22 reviews, 50 photos
- Helsinki Intro, 24 reviews, 35 photos
- Saint Petersburg Intro, 17 reviews, 32 photos
- Niagara Falls Intro, 20 reviews, 28 photos
- Iceland Intro, 22 reviews, 25 photos
- Stockholm Intro, 18 reviews, 29 photos
- Philadelphia Intro, 17 reviews, 22 photos
- Nassau Intro, 16 reviews, 21 photos
- Quebec Intro, 15 reviews, 21 photos
No friends yet.