"The end of the world" L'Anse aux Meadows by brazwhazz
L'Anse aux Meadows Travel Guide: 20 reviews and 49 photos
If L'Anse-aux-Meadows feels like the end of the world, it's because in many ways, it is -- it marks the westernmost point reached by Europeans until the voyages of Christoper Columbus; and it lies at the northernmost tip of Newfoundland Island.
Because of the landscape's rugged appearance, the entire place seems to have changed very little since the times of the Vikings. And, having travelled to Iceland, it was fairly easy to see some common point with the Icelandic coastline.
All in all, L'Anse-aux-Meadows is a wonderful site, and it is so far out of the way that it is unlikely to become spoiled, like other more accessible attractions. I hope people who read this page also have the chance to discover it one day.
In contrast to the L'Anse-aux-Meadows National Historic Site, that focuses on archaeology, Norstead feels more lively,... more travel advice
The Norseman Restaurant is a traditional Newfoundland restaurant in L'Anse-aux-Meadows. A great place to sample the... more travel advice
brazwhazz's Related Pages
L'Anse aux Meadows Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Viking Settlement & Whale Watching"
- "1000 years of history in Newfoundland"
- "The end of the world"
- "The Vikings are coming!"
- "Re enactment...a Viking Trading Village (800-1000)"
- "The First European Invasion"
- See All...
- Things to Do in L'Anse aux Meadows
- Hotels in L'Anse aux Meadows
- Transportation in L'Anse aux Meadows
- Restaurants in L'Anse aux Meadows
- Warnings and Dangers in L'Anse aux Meadows
- See All...
Badges & Stats in L'Anse aux Meadows
- 4 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to L'Anse aux Meadows?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in L'Anse aux Meadows
Photos in L'Anse aux MeadowsSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Montreal Intro, 47 reviews, 45 photos
- Moscow Intro, 22 reviews, 50 photos
- Helsinki Intro, 24 reviews, 35 photos
- Saint Petersburg Intro, 17 reviews, 32 photos
- Niagara Falls Intro, 20 reviews, 28 photos
- Iceland Intro, 22 reviews, 25 photos
- Stockholm Intro, 17 reviews, 28 photos
- Philadelphia Intro, 17 reviews, 22 photos
- Nassau Intro, 16 reviews, 21 photos
- Quebec Intro, 15 reviews, 21 photos
No friends yet.