"My home town" Montreal by brazwhazz
Montreal Travel Guide: 3,744 reviews and 7,037 photos
Montreal, the largest French city in North America, is the economical centre of the province of Quebec. It is well-known for its many summer festivals (Jazz, Just for Laughs, World Film Festival, Francofolies, etc.) and cool atmosphere.
I live near the Atwater Market, which was built in 1933 with an art deco tower that made it instantly recognizable. Near the market is the Lachine Canal, which was recently re-opened to the public. While riding my bike remains my favourite activity along the Canal, one can now rent a boat or kayak to travel along this industrial landmark, which was key to the development of Canada in the 19th century.
- Pros:Great atmosphere; top-notch restaurants; bustling nightlife until 3 a.m.
A Belgian oddity in Montreal's Portuguese neighbourhood, Engaufrez-vous specializes in waffles of all kinds. Plain or... more travel advice
Every year since 1947, the Ogilvy department store sets up a Christmas window in its display. Called the Enchanted... more travel advice
- See All Montreal downtown beach parties?
- See All 747 Airport Bus
- See All The architecture of Sir Andrew T. Taylor
brazwhazz's Related Pages
Montreal Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bienvenue a Montreal! (Welcome!!!)"
- "A Wonderful Winter Weekend!"
- "Fall in love with Montréal..."
- "MONTRÉAL - our entry to Canada"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Montreal
- Hotels in Montreal
- Transportation in Montreal
- Nightlife in Montreal
- Restaurants in Montreal
- Shopping in Montreal
- Warnings and Dangers in Montreal
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Montreal
- 48 Reviews
- 46 Photos
- 8 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Montreal?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Montreal
Photos in MontrealSee All Photos (46)
Top 10 Pages
- Montreal Intro, 48 reviews, 46 photos
- Moscow Intro, 22 reviews, 50 photos
- Helsinki Intro, 24 reviews, 35 photos
- Saint Petersburg Intro, 17 reviews, 32 photos
- Niagara Falls Intro, 20 reviews, 28 photos
- Iceland Intro, 22 reviews, 25 photos
- Stockholm Intro, 18 reviews, 29 photos
- Philadelphia Intro, 17 reviews, 22 photos
- Nassau Intro, 16 reviews, 21 photos
- Quebec Intro, 15 reviews, 21 photos
No friends yet.