"Welcome to the jungle" Moscow by brazwhazz
Moscow Travel Guide: 4,171 reviews and 9,731 photos
Moscow is a place of paradoxes. After four days, we were happy to leave the city for greener pastures, yet we felt we had only seen a tiny fraction of what it had to offer.
Moscow was also a rude introduction to Russia for the independent travellers that we are, as this is where we started our first-ever journey in the country. Because Moscow has no tourist information centre and locals speak little or no English, my decision to take Russian classes before the trip turned out to be a great idea: it allowed us to get around, understand the city's efficient metro system and, of course, share some goofy moments with locals.
The city feels much safer than what travel guides tell you. Just use common sense and let yourself be swept up into Moscow's dizzying array of sights, sounds and smells.
If you are a foreigner visiting Moscow for the first time and you need help for anything, check out the following... more travel advice
Dom Drujby (House of Friendship), which got its current name from the Soviet period, when it served as the House of... more travel advice
brazwhazz's Related Pages
Moscow Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My Moscow..."
- "Memories of Moscow"
- "Moscow is my Universe"
- "Mother Russia"
- "Marvellous Moscow"
- "Moscow - Thrilling capital of Russia"
- "Muscovite's Moscow"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Moscow
- Hotels in Moscow
- Transportation in Moscow
- Nightlife in Moscow
- Restaurants in Moscow
- Shopping in Moscow
- Warnings and Dangers in Moscow
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Moscow
- 22 Reviews
- 50 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Moscow?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Moscow
Photos in MoscowSee All Photos (50)
Top 10 Pages
- Montreal Intro, 48 reviews, 46 photos
- Moscow Intro, 22 reviews, 50 photos
- Helsinki Intro, 24 reviews, 35 photos
- Saint Petersburg Intro, 17 reviews, 32 photos
- Niagara Falls Intro, 20 reviews, 28 photos
- Iceland Intro, 22 reviews, 25 photos
- Stockholm Intro, 18 reviews, 29 photos
- Philadelphia Intro, 17 reviews, 22 photos
- Nassau Intro, 16 reviews, 21 photos
- Quebec Intro, 15 reviews, 21 photos
No friends yet.