"Mission - To see the world" Ricardo79's Profile

The Homeland

Living in England all my life, all I tend to do is moan about the place most of the time. Its only when I get in the car and drive for 1 hour towards to north east that i really get to see its splender.

The drive takes me to The Lake District, Cumbria. This is my favourite place in all of the UK, I come here when I want to spend a bit of quality time with my fiance and we need to get away from the hussle and bussle of the city life.

Also about a 1 hour drive takes us to the east coast, where there are some lovely seaside towns and beaches which again are just a change to the city life.

I am lucky enough to also have a brother that lives out in the country, on the west coast of Scotland. I try to visit him as often as possible.

So I suppose its not all bad living in England!!!

Next place to stay!

Next time we visit The Lakes we are hoping to stay in The Kirkstone Pass Inn, which is just near Ambleside. From what we have heard from friends this is meant to be a wonderful place to stay.

We drove past on our last overnight visit and its miles from anywhere with some breath taking views.

• Intro Updated Sep 14, 2004

Comments

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!