"Rust" Rust by coccinella169
Rust Travel Guide: 59 reviews and 136 photos
Rust is a small village about 65 km from Vienna, located at a lake called Neusiedlersee. It has a rather romantic, lovely and neat Old Town - Rust won prices in the past for being the most beautiful village in Burgenland. The Old Town is landmarked. Even a TV serial took place there ("Der Winzerkönig", austrian TV) :). Most of the houses in the old town belong to winegrowers, and you can sit in their carefully decorated courtyards and taste some wine. Have a look up to the roofs too - lots of storks building their nests there - birth rate in Rust must be incredibly high :).
Of course - like everywhere around the Neusiedlersee- the area is perfect for cycling, sailing, surfing and bird watching. Close to Rust is the village St. Margarethen. There you`ll find the roman stone pit where you can see operas every summer in a lovely setting- this year Verdi`s Nabucco and for children Mozart`s Zauberföte.
coccinella169's Related Pages
Rust Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Perle des Ostens (Oesterreichs)"
- "LAKESIDE RUST - HOME OF THE WHITE STORK"
- "The only town at Lake Neusiedler See"
- "RUST ~ HOME OF THE STORKS"
- "Austrian Wine country"
- "Stork Town"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Rust
- Hotels in Rust
- Transportation in Rust
- Nightlife in Rust
- Restaurants in Rust
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Rust
- 1 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Rust?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Rust
Top 10 Pages
- Vienna Intro, 42 reviews, 59 photos
- Chile Intro, 16 reviews, 60 photos
- Reykjavík Intro, 10 reviews, 64 photos, 3 travelogues
- Croatia Intro, 13 reviews, 37 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Corsica Intro, 11 reviews, 37 photos
- Graz Intro, 13 reviews, 34 photos
- Prague Intro, 13 reviews, 31 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Conil de la Frontera Intro, 12 reviews, 22 photos, 2 travelogues
- Buenos Aires Intro, 5 reviews, 28 photos, 3 travelogues
- Hamburg Intro, 8 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue