"G R A D O" Top 5 Page for this destination Grado by coccinella169
Grado Travel Guide: 51 reviews and 123 photos
Grado is an island, situated at the Adriatic sea, about 10 km away from the historic site of Aquiliea and close to Trieste and Venice. It`s about 250 km away from the Austrian/Italian border, so many Austrians go to Grado, to Lignano, Caorle or Jesolo to spend long weekends or their vacation. This year though the tourists I saw there came mainly from Italy. Over all these villages at the upper adriatic sea I prefer Grado, because it has a very nice, well preserved and picturesque Old Town with a lot of very old stone houses- therefore I´ve been there already 5 times. There is a little port as well and you can go for a boat trip through the lagoon. There are thermal springs, and in the past 10 years, I haven`t discovered any nightlife- so be prepared to meet mostly older people and families with kids. If you are interested in a crazy nightlife, this is definitely not the right place to spend your vacation :).
coccinella169's Related Pages
Grado Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "G R A D O"
- "Quick visit"
- "The place at the Sea closest to Austria"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Grado
- Hotels in Grado
- Transportation in Grado
- Restaurants in Grado
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Grado
- 1 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Grado?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Grado
Top 10 Pages
- Vienna Intro, 42 reviews, 59 photos
- Chile Intro, 16 reviews, 60 photos
- Reykjavík Intro, 10 reviews, 64 photos, 3 travelogues
- Croatia Intro, 13 reviews, 37 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Corsica Intro, 11 reviews, 37 photos
- Graz Intro, 13 reviews, 34 photos
- Prague Intro, 13 reviews, 31 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Conil de la Frontera Intro, 12 reviews, 22 photos, 2 travelogues
- Buenos Aires Intro, 5 reviews, 28 photos, 3 travelogues
- Hamburg Intro, 8 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue