"Beautiful Croatia!" Croatia by coccinella169
Croatia Travel Guide: 13,140 reviews and 37,364 photos
...these were the stops of my journey through Croatia! Croatia has a lot to offer - there are very interesting sights, well preserved old city centres, crystal clear water and picturesque towns. Actually it has almost everything I need when I am on holiday :)!
The Old Town of Dubrovnik is simply breathtaking! It was declared as an Unesco world heritage sight. I hardly saw a modern building in the city centre - it is full of lovely stone houses with those round, red coloured roof tiles, which are typical for the south of Europe. The old Town of Dubrovnik is completely surrounded by walls and forts - and I strongly reccomend to visit the city walls to enjoy the best views! A very nice view you also have from fortress Lovrijenac. Unfortunately - as it usually is with particularily beautiful places- Dubrovnik is a very touristic place.
Some years ago I saw a beautiful nightshot of Hvar in a magazine and I saved it in my memory as one place I have to visit somewhen! Hvar is also called the Saint Tropez of Croatia :)). Actually you see a lot of very big yachts there in the harbour. Hvar town is beautiful, again with a lot of stone houses, venetian loggie, fine small shops, beautiful people, a decent nightlife- and crystal clear water. It is great for snorkelling as well! Be aware that there is no sandy beach, but rocks - and that you could meet the one or the other nudist colony on the small offshore islands :)). I also noticed, that prices in Hvar were higher than elsewhere in Croatia.
According to a 10 year old article of Condé Nast traveller´s magazine Hvar is one of the 10 most beautiful islands worldwide!
- Pros:Unesco world heritage sights, crystal clear sea
- Cons:rocks and stairs in Dalmatia are not ideal for old people and children!
- In a nutshell:Just beautiful!
If you do not want to squat the cliffs :), I found Banje Beach as the closest beach to Dubrovnik Old Town. It is a small... more travel advice
Carpe diem is the most famous nightlife spot in Hvar town. During daytime it is a café and turns into a bar/club at... more travel advice
coccinella169's Related Pages
Croatia Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "MY CROATIA"
- "Idyllic Croatia"
- "Hrvatska for Europe!"
- "A road trip through Croatia"
- "Natural Beauty and Stunning History"
- " A WEEK IN CROATIA"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Croatia
- Hotels in Croatia
- Transportation in Croatia
- Nightlife in Croatia
- Restaurants in Croatia
- Shopping in Croatia
- Warnings and Dangers in Croatia
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Croatia
- 13 Reviews
- 37 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Croatia?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Croatia
Top 10 Pages
- Vienna Intro, 42 reviews, 59 photos
- Chile Intro, 16 reviews, 60 photos
- Reykjavík Intro, 10 reviews, 64 photos, 3 travelogues
- Croatia Intro, 13 reviews, 37 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Corsica Intro, 11 reviews, 37 photos
- Graz Intro, 13 reviews, 34 photos
- Prague Intro, 13 reviews, 31 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Conil de la Frontera Intro, 12 reviews, 22 photos, 2 travelogues
- Buenos Aires Intro, 5 reviews, 28 photos, 3 travelogues
- Hamburg Intro, 8 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue