"La Orotava" La Orotava by jantichm
La Orotava Travel Guide: 13 reviews and 38 photos
La Orotava is probably the prettiest colonial town in Tenerife. It's full of historical buildings and it is without a doubt, an ideal place to breathe the past of the island and to know the local culture and traditions.
The old town centre has been declared a Monument of National Historical and Artistic Interest, is home to architectural gems of noteworthy character.
La Orotava is located in the lush valley of Orotava, and it is surrounded by banana plantations and wooded hillsides and looks up to the volcano. Indeed, this valley forms a large part of the Teide NP.
Bananas and potatoes are cultivated in La Orotava valley. But you mustn't go out of La Orotava without tasting its wines.
La Orotava has also known how to keep its traditions and every year, renews celebrations of great cultural interest and appeal. An example of these are those held to celebrate Corpus Christi, when the locals fill the streets with art, by covering them in spectacular carpets of amazingly colourful flowers and volcanic sand.
There is one of the oldest restaurants in la Orotava. You can taste good Canarian dishes with reasonable prices. There... more travel advice
jantichm's Related Pages
La Orotava Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in La Orotava
- 3 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to La Orotava?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in La Orotava
Top 10 Pages
- Isla de Lanzarote Intro, 18 reviews, 64 photos
- Isla de Fuerteventura Intro, 20 reviews, 50 photos
- Madrid Intro, 12 reviews, 27 photos
- Bali Intro, 6 reviews, 23 photos
- Rantepao Intro, 6 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- Ubud Intro, 5 reviews, 22 photos
- Toledo Intro, 7 reviews, 19 photos
- Aceh Special Region Intro, 5 reviews, 18 photos
- Kani Kombole Intro, 1 review, 22 photos, 4 travelogues
- North Sumatra Province Intro, 3 reviews, 16 photos