"The Dogon Country" Kani Kombole by jantichm
Kani Kombole Travel Guide: 2 reviews and 48 photos
The three main routes from access to the Dogon country are: Bankas, Bandiagara and Shanga.
You can distinguish 3 parts in the Dogon country: the plateau, the fault or escarpment and the plain.
At the present time the population has left the escarpment itself and lives in the plain or the plateau. Although one of the most impressive views is the old towns hung in the fault.
We left from Bandiagara, and crossed Dourou and Begnemato (plateau); and Yabattalou, Ende, Teli and Kani Kombole (plain).
It is a very interesting market. You can find Dogon people and also the omnipresent Peül shepherds.
The Dogon people constitutes an exceptional ethnic group. Are very
different from the rest of ethnic groups of the zone. Their culture
is rich and complex and very difficult to explain and to understand
for not initiated.
The legend explains that they arrived fleeing from the pressure of Islam.
They are mainly agriculturists, and the legend explains that in his exodus they received help of their cousins Bozo. They expelled to Telem that they were the primitive occupants of the fault and they settled down in her.
jantichm's Related Pages
Kani Kombole Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Kani Kombole
- 1 Reviews
- 22 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Kani Kombole?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kani Kombole
Top 10 Pages
- Isla de Lanzarote Intro, 18 reviews, 64 photos
- Isla de Fuerteventura Intro, 20 reviews, 50 photos
- Madrid Intro, 12 reviews, 27 photos
- Bali Intro, 6 reviews, 23 photos
- Rantepao Intro, 6 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- Ubud Intro, 5 reviews, 22 photos
- Toledo Intro, 7 reviews, 19 photos
- Aceh Special Region Intro, 5 reviews, 18 photos
- Kani Kombole Intro, 1 review, 22 photos, 4 travelogues
- North Sumatra Province Intro, 3 reviews, 16 photos