"Oursi" Oursi by jantichm
Oursi Travel Guide: 1 reviews and 10 photos
Oursi is a small village nearby Gorom Gorom.
The persistent drought and the periodic locust plagues have punished it hard. The millet harvest has consequently been short last years. The ONG usually do not approach this way due to their distance.
It lies on a sandy hillside, between a string of golden dunes and a seasonal lake. These two are the most interesting places to visit. .
The sand dunes are very nice and it is funny to sleep there. But, be careful. The dunes are plenty of the mosquitos
This freshwater lake, the Mare d'Oursi, fringed by desert. The lake is important not only to local farmers and livestock. Many species of bird which migrate across the Sahara twice a year, breeding in Europe and wintering in Africa and they usually feed here on their journey, and sand martins and swallows can be seen passing through on their autumn migration. Unfortunately the lake was dry when I was there, and it was difficult to see some birds.
jantichm's Related Pages
Oursi Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Oursi
- 0 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Oursi?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Oursi
Photos in OursiSee All Photos (2)
Top 10 Pages
- Isla de Lanzarote Intro, 18 reviews, 64 photos
- Isla de Fuerteventura Intro, 20 reviews, 50 photos
- Madrid Intro, 12 reviews, 27 photos
- Bali Intro, 6 reviews, 23 photos
- Rantepao Intro, 6 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- Ubud Intro, 5 reviews, 22 photos
- Toledo Intro, 7 reviews, 19 photos
- Aceh Special Region Intro, 5 reviews, 18 photos
- Kani Kombole Intro, 1 review, 22 photos, 4 travelogues
- North Sumatra Province Intro, 3 reviews, 16 photos