"Malawi...the "warm heart of Africa!"" Top 5 Page for this destination Malawi by Lady-Charisma

Malawi Travel Guide: 528 reviews and 1,258 photos

Safari Adventures and Friendly Folks!

What can I say about Malawi? Well, let me give a little background on my family. We were sent to Africa as missionaries by the General Conference of Seventh-Day Adventists, our religious affiliation. It was lonely at first, but we made some friends with the other missionaries in time. My fondest memories are of us going on safari and staring at the wild beasts, hiking up Mount Kilimanjaro, making a trip to the Ruo Falls, tasting the coffee fruit (yes, they have fruits and the seed is what is roasted and made into coffee beans!) and falling asleep to the sound of hyenas laughing deep into the night. I mean, what more could you want out from the place??

• Pros:Great safari trips, lovely lake, beautiful landscapes, exotic wild beasts, and majestic mountains to climb!
  • Cons:You have to be very cautious about being bitten by different animals because you could come down with a specific illness!
  • In a nutshell:Lovely place, memorable experiences, friendly, smiling folks, and warm hearts! Would visit again in a heartbeat!
  • Last visit to Malawi: Jun 1985
  • Intro Updated Sep 11, 2004

Lady-Charisma

“The world is a global village...so travel!”

Badges & Stats in Malawi