"Little Corn Island" Top 5 Page for this destination Corn Island by YolandaC

Corn Island Travel Guide: 84 reviews and 382 photos

Little Corn Island is a beautiful island 40 miles off the east coast of Nicaragua, a little difficult to get to but worth it. Very slow-paced, awesome snorkeling, diving and fishing and the clearest water I've ever seen.

This is a small barricuda I (well actually Miles caught) and we threw it back. I should of taken gravel before the trip or not indulged in so much local rum the night before, regardless the swells got to me. The people at Casa Iguana, Grant and Cathy, can arrange fishing trips right from their beach.

We spent one day leisurely strolling the beach, stopping to swim or snorkel (you can rent equipment from Casa Iguana dive shop for 5 dollars a day). The snorkeling is amazing and a hammerhead shark has been spotted regularly, but alas we missed him.

• Pros:Remote and quiet
  • Cons:difficult to get too
  • In a nutshell:must see just for the quality of water
  • Last visit to Corn Island: Feb 2004
  • Intro Updated Nov 1, 2004

• mircaskirca's Profile Photo
    Oct 16, 2010 at 10:13 AM

Look forward to visiting the Little Corn Island in December. I have to admit I'm a little worried about the boat trip from Big Corn as the sea can be very rough. But for such beautiful beaches, snorkeling and lobster every day, it's worth the adventure :)

• Hermanater's Profile Photo
    Dec 28, 2009 at 6:44 AM

Hi TJ....looking at your photos, brings back memories. Always looking for hiking partners for trails in Banff/Kananaskis.......

• KiKitC's Profile Photo
    Dec 22, 2006 at 4:53 AM

What a wonderful place to visit. Thank you for sharing this little treasure! Hope you have a marvelous holiday!

• Oct 17, 2006 at 5:51 PM

it looks beautiful here! i didnt get to nicaragua during this years central america adventure. but i'll be sure to make it next time! loved your sunset photo!

• marcoparco's Profile Photo
    Oct 3, 2005 at 11:03 AM

Great little page. This looks like a great escape! I may get to visit Nicaragua on a volunteer medical trip! Nonetheless, this spot looks heavenly! Cheers

• ronaldbarr's Profile Photo
    Apr 20, 2005 at 10:14 PM

Well now I know that Corn Island exists and that it is such a cool place, I think we had better keep it a secret. The last thing we want is tourists! This is a little gem of a page. Well done.

• epicult's Profile Photo
    Nov 22, 2004 at 11:38 AM

Cool stuff. Nice to see a ferry has yet to take over panga duties. Kayaking would have been cool. The island is just so laid back it was difficult to do anything but relax. :-)

YolandaC

“Traveling is like an acceleration: it's hard to stop. Yann Martel”

Badges & Stats in Corn Island

Have you been to Corn Island?

Latest Activity in Corn Island