"I'd forgotten how much I LOVE this site..." YolandaC's Profile
Here's a little of where I'm from...
Calgary is a city of winter. We have around three true months of summer and the rest of the months are give and take. Some days the air is crisp, the sky deep blue, frost clings to all things exposed and it seems magical. Other days everything seems gray - the air, sky, snow, even people and magic needs to be found elsewhere...like in the form of a great frost breathing dragon.
I spend a lot of time with the people in this picture. Nadja and I have done years of trips together as well as a lot of quality time with the little people.
Nadja and I have been best friends for over twenty years...tons of laughter, tears and things we just try not to talk about anymore. She is one of the people belonging to my *no longer optional* pile.
The little people keep it lively and at times crazy, yet always keep us aware of that oh so fleeting child-like wonder ... up close and personal.
This is my pup Mad Dog aka Maddie aka Baby Rug.
This is his dapper look. He is a complex pup full of complex issues. He loves to sun on top of the table when he thinks no one is looking and whenever he gets the chance he will make a mad dash for freedom, though he has little idea where he's going. Kinda reminds me of myself.
I know they're not babies anymore and sometimes it's hard to believe how grown up they seem - sometimes I can't believe how much they still act like 3 year olds. I had my kids young and wouldn't have it any other way - we have a great time exploring the world together
Naked feet are the way to go. Most moments my feet find themselves exposed to the elements - has always been this way and most likely always will. Summer, winter, spring and fall. I admit to covering them in boots during the winter, yet only for trips outdoors and flip flops during the summer, once again only for trips outdoors, but rarely are they smoothered in the fabric of socks. I like to feel close to the ground.
Canada - my home!
Travel Plans for 2005
Jan - San Francisco
Feb- Dominican Republic
May - Belize
Aug - Vancouver
Sept - New York
Nov - Dec - Cuba (Jazz Festival)
Plans for 2006
Jan - France/Morocco
March - Vegas baby!!
April - Orlando with the bambino's
May - Belize
July - Kelowna, Vancouver, Victoria and Parksville
July - Volunteering in Peru
Sept - Kauai for my 37th!
Dec - Argentina
Jan - New Years Eve by the sea in Cozumel - how romantic!
Aug - Volunteering in Russia with my 13 year old daughter
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 104 Reviews
- 257 Photos
- 15 Countries
- 28 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
- YolandaC and Hmmmm are now friends.
- Wrote a Review Fresh, fresh, fresh!! in Croatia Restaurants
- Uploaded a Photo to "Fresh, fresh, fresh!!"
- updated a Croatia Travel Page "Revisiting the past"
- Commented on Minceta's profile page
updated their Profile Page "I'd forgotten how much I LOVE this site..."
- Posted in Travel Berlin Forum "Re: Berlin for the evening"
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Placencia Village Intro, 23 reviews, 30 photos
- Banff Intro, 13 reviews, 18 photos
- Merzouga Intro, 6 reviews, 20 photos
- Marrakesh Intro, 4 reviews, 21 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 6 reviews, 9 photos
- Havana Intro, 3 reviews, 10 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Corn Island Intro, 5 reviews, 8 photos
- Varadero Intro, 2 reviews, 8 photos
- Monterrico Intro, 4 reviews, 6 photos
- Croatia Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos
- Paris Hotels
- 22165 Reviews - 53882 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3079 Reviews - 5774 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15523 Reviews - 30894 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23062 Reviews - 47262 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 11941 Reviews - 26475 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1928 Reviews - 3713 Photos
- Myrtle Beach Hotels
- 319 Reviews - 425 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8346 Reviews - 17012 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 1909 Reviews - 4464 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 325 Reviews - 885 Photos
- Toronto Hotels
- 4278 Reviews - 8803 Photos
- Melbourne Hotels
- 3341 Reviews - 7498 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2036 Reviews - 3787 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7633 Reviews - 19478 Photos
- Panama City Beach Hotels
- 193 Reviews - 288 Photos