"Historic LaGrange" La Grange by Joseph69
La Grange Travel Guide: 9 reviews and 21 photos
LaGrange is a small town (population 5,500+) located in Oldham County about 30 minutes drive North East of Louisville. It is registered on the National Register of Historic Places.
Trains travel along the middle of the road along Main Street, which I found it to be so surreal!
LaGrange has a vast number of historic commercial buildings that are virtually intact, retaining practically all of their shopfronts.
The town was named after the country estate of Marquis de Lafayette, a French soldier who fought with the American colonists during the Revolutionary War.
Jackie and Anita were so nice to take the time to show me around this beautiful place.
There are many nice stores to buy gifts, or you may grab a book and read it or have a meal/coffee. It's really quaint, and a beautiful place to "hang out".
Choo-choooooo! Here's a train rumbling along Main Street!
Don't you worry, the traffic signals the vehicle traffic to not enter the road whilst the train is travellng along the street.
- Pros:Beautiful, quiet, nice stores
- Cons:Don't know?
- In a nutshell:Like the good 'ole times!
This "Old Country Store" restaurant is quite unique. You can enjoy a nice meal in their restaurant, and/or, enjoy some... more travel advice
Joseph69's Related Pages
La Grange Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in La Grange
- 3 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to La Grange?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in La Grange
Photos in La GrangeSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Sydney Intro, 41 reviews, 61 photos, 3 travelogues
- Amsterdam Intro, 10 reviews, 31 photos
- Rio de Janeiro Intro, 10 reviews, 31 photos, 1 travelogue
- New York City Intro, 7 reviews, 32 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Syros Island Intro, 12 reviews, 26 photos
- Havana Intro, 8 reviews, 26 photos
- Miami Intro, 6 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- Athens Intro, 5 reviews, 25 photos, 1 travelogue
- Melbourne Intro, 7 reviews, 23 photos
- Hong Kong Intro, 7 reviews, 19 photos