"Beautiful Albury - please stop by!" Albury by Joseph69
Albury Travel Guide: 11 reviews and 29 photos
Many people who do the Sydney to Melbourne drive tend to stop in Albury to either re-fuel and/or have lunch/dinner. Now that the government is building a by-pass, you can safely say even less people will do their usual quick stop and take the by-pass where they'd probably stop at some MacDonald's and Shell Service Station (how exciting!?!?!.. sheez).
It's located on the Murray River (Australia's largest), which you can go and enjoy, particular in the summer months.
I was guilty of the usual quick stop until I finally made a go of this town and stayed for 2 days. Reason? My cousin married a girl from the town, and thus, we stayed.
The wedding was fantastic. It was in a marque some 30 minute drive from town. We must have had the best wedding food too (not the usual chicken or beef combo). Oh, and a live band!
It's a really beautiful town. Well worth even just doing the most simple of things and taking a drive/walk around its suburbs is a delight.
It has a great nightlife for an Australian town..... probably due to the many university students who study there. One night after the wedding, we danced the night away along the main town strip in a club until 4am! We had a most enjoyable time.
The next day, there was a convoy of some 200 old valiants going to a motor show.... droooool.
Anyway, well worth a visit, especially on weekends. Oh, the town has an airport, so if you don't like to drive or get the bus (6.5 hours from Sydney and 3 hours from Melbourne), there are flights from Sydney.
- Pros:Beautiful, nightlife for the young at heart
- Cons:Should there be? OK, no beach (I love the beach)
- In a nutshell:If you're doing the Sydney to Melbourne drive, take a breather, and enjoy this jewel
Joseph69's Related Pages
Albury Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Albury, home of the iconic Ettamogah Pub"
- "Albury, NSW, Australia"
- "Beautiful Albury - please stop by!"
- "Important border twin city/Wodonga"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Albury
- 0 Reviews
- 0 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Albury?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Albury
Top 10 Pages
- Sydney Intro, 41 reviews, 61 photos, 3 travelogues
- Amsterdam Intro, 10 reviews, 31 photos
- Rio de Janeiro Intro, 10 reviews, 31 photos, 1 travelogue
- New York City Intro, 7 reviews, 32 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Syros Island Intro, 12 reviews, 26 photos
- Havana Intro, 8 reviews, 26 photos
- Miami Intro, 6 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- Athens Intro, 5 reviews, 25 photos, 1 travelogue
- Melbourne Intro, 7 reviews, 23 photos
- Hong Kong Intro, 7 reviews, 19 photos