"Moree and it's Artesian Spas" Moree by Joseph69
Moree Travel Guide: 28 reviews and 43 photos
The 7 hour drive from Sydney to Moree was very pleasurable. For about an hour before we got to Moree, the land (outback) was very flat. Beautiful! So flat, we could see very few if any hills in the distance. Well, that is how I remembered it.
Moree and the surrounding areas are famous for their cotton production (it supplies two thirds of Australia's cotton).
It's also famous for its Artesian Spas. We stayed in a hotel that had one of those spas. I suggest you find a hotel with one so you can utilise it anytime in your stay without having to go to a one where you pay an entry fee.
The spas are very hot. Not just hot, but very hot. My foot goes in, stays in for a minute first..... then my right leg, then my left leg, then very slowly, the rest of my body. It's very hot, but very soothing too. Lovely!
Many visitors tend to go just for the artesian spas.
Moree itself I must say is not the nicest of towns I've visited. Some houses almost looked like fortresses with high gates and fences keeping intruders out. Who are those intruders? Hmm.... I wonder.
Nightlife is woefull, unless you like big clubs with gambling machines. There is one of those. We went to a disco just to see the scene, and on that Saturday night, there must have been no more than 10 people inside.
But, it's worth a visit to the spas, and I suppose after a day in Moree, we could not wait to get into our car and drive off.
- Pros:Artesian Spas, Massive Cotton Farms
- Cons:Boring nightlife
- In a nutshell:Worth going even just for the artesian spas
Joseph69's Related Pages
Moree Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Artesian Spa Capital of Australia"
- "Rich town, poor town"
- "Sweetberry's Moree Page"
- "MOREE - HOME OF ARTESIAN SPAS"
- "Moree and it's Artesian Spas"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Moree
- Hotels in Moree
- Transportation in Moree
- Restaurants in Moree
- Shopping in Moree
- Warnings and Dangers in Moree
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Moree
- 0 Reviews
- 0 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Moree?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Moree
Top 10 Pages
- Sydney Intro, 41 reviews, 61 photos, 3 travelogues
- Amsterdam Intro, 10 reviews, 31 photos
- Rio de Janeiro Intro, 10 reviews, 31 photos, 1 travelogue
- New York City Intro, 7 reviews, 32 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Syros Island Intro, 12 reviews, 26 photos
- Havana Intro, 8 reviews, 26 photos
- Miami Intro, 6 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- Athens Intro, 5 reviews, 25 photos, 1 travelogue
- Melbourne Intro, 7 reviews, 23 photos
- Hong Kong Intro, 7 reviews, 19 photos