"Moree and it's Artesian Spas" Moree by Joseph69

Moree Travel Guide: 28 reviews and 43 photos

The 7 hour drive from Sydney to Moree was very pleasurable. For about an hour before we got to Moree, the land (outback) was very flat. Beautiful! So flat, we could see very few if any hills in the distance. Well, that is how I remembered it.

Moree and the surrounding areas are famous for their cotton production (it supplies two thirds of Australia's cotton).

It's also famous for its Artesian Spas. We stayed in a hotel that had one of those spas. I suggest you find a hotel with one so you can utilise it anytime in your stay without having to go to a one where you pay an entry fee.

The spas are very hot. Not just hot, but very hot. My foot goes in, stays in for a minute first..... then my right leg, then my left leg, then very slowly, the rest of my body. It's very hot, but very soothing too. Lovely!

Many visitors tend to go just for the artesian spas.

Moree itself I must say is not the nicest of towns I've visited. Some houses almost looked like fortresses with high gates and fences keeping intruders out. Who are those intruders? Hmm.... I wonder.

Nightlife is woefull, unless you like big clubs with gambling machines. There is one of those. We went to a disco just to see the scene, and on that Saturday night, there must have been no more than 10 people inside.

But, it's worth a visit to the spas, and I suppose after a day in Moree, we could not wait to get into our car and drive off.

• Pros:Artesian Spas, Massive Cotton Farms
  • Cons:Boring nightlife
  • In a nutshell:Worth going even just for the artesian spas
  • Last visit to Moree: Jun 2001
  • Intro Written Sep 9, 2004

• aussiedoug's Profile Photo
    Oct 15, 2005 at 7:55 AM

Think my old mate Mike sums it up pretty well Joseph. Been here for work & enjoyed it. A lot easier flying up than I imagine the drive would be.

• ancientmariner's Profile Photo
    Oct 15, 2005 at 7:31 AM

Interesting introduction & I dare say your in a nutshell sums Moree up pretty well. I've enjoyed those hot spas too! Hello from the mid north coast with a bit more nightlife even for an old bloke! How about some specific tips & I'll do some too!

Joseph69

“Although we live in so many different places, we all want similar desires.”

Badges & Stats in Moree