Budapest Warnings Or Dangers Tips by MedioLatino Top 5 Page for this destination
Budapest Warnings and Dangers: 215 reviews and 121 photos
Pigeons on Podmaniczky square
Just as in any other big cities I have visited in Europe, we also have lots of pigeons here. Maybe not as much as in London or Venice, but still...
They can be quite embarrassing sometimes, eg. if you are crossing a square and they start to fly inches over your head.
They are quiet used to the people otherwise, so if you just walk past them, they wont really bother :)
The building of the Hungarian Press Agency
The relatively new building of The Hungarian National Press Agency (Magyar Tavirati iroda - "Hungarian Telegram Office") is pretty much ruining the view of central-southern Buda from the back of the Castle Hill...
The building itself is nothing special yet, but the huge ugly green antenna-structure is just pretty ugly in my opinion.
Stay away from it and try to leave it out from your pics! :)
Inside the tunnel
The Tunnel under the Castle Hill is quite nice, covered with mosaics, but still: do_not walk across, because...well, let's just say that the air is not really fresh in there! :/
Nightdriving in Budapest
Driving around in Budapest is not that easy. The insanity of some drivers can be a danger for other travellers, passangers, etc...
Do take care of anyone who seems to have an agressive driving style. They won't let you in the line, they won't give you the way even if according to the signs you would be granted...
Driving here is not the most dangerous in Europe, but it can cause you hard times. Just take extra care and be very patient! :)
And watch for the holes in the road...due to the weather changes and the lack of proper road building and maintenance, roads around here are full of the so called "Katyu's", which can give a hard time to your car's suspension...
Tram No. 2 on the Danubeside
Like every big city, Budapest also has them...take good care of your valuables, don't leave your backpack on your back when you get on the tram or bus.
Take extra care on the tram number 4 and 6, because they are really crowded in peek hours, and thus they are quite "attended" by pickpockets. Take good care on the escalators as well!
There aren't many dangers in Budapest (at least not more than in any other big city) but there are some things good to know about so you can...well...save some money! :)
Don't never use a taxi which is not belonging to one of the bigger companies (6x6, Fõtaxi, Tele5, etc.).
To independently working ones are usually the so called "hienas", who settle down near railway stations and so, and overcharge the foreign customers.
The best is to order a cab by phone or to wait for one which is belonging to a company. Don't let the people at the stations with "Taxi" sign on a paper lure you to a "No label cab".
It may also be a good idea to ask the cab driver about a price. Between any central railway station and any hotel in the central districts (unless You arrive to the Buda side and go to a hotel in southern Pest) the price shouldn't be more then 5000 forints or even less.
(Picture taken from the website of Rádió Taxi)
More Reviews (267)
- See All Programs in the city
- See All Critical Mass
- See All Karpatia - Tradition, quality, a bit too...
- See All Old trams
- See All Bonnie & Clyde - Gangsta feeling :)
- See All The Labyrinth inside the Castle Hill
- See All Another hang out area :)
- See All Terebess - Exotic gitfs
- See All Iron stump - old message wall :)
- See All Meridien - Ex Police HQ turned into...
- Nothing special...really! :)
Been to Budapest?Share your travels with the world!
MedioLatino's Related Pages
Budapest Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Budapest - My dear hometown! :)"
- "Budapest, the "Phoenix bird", my lovely home city"
- "A fantastic town along the Danube River"
- "BIG, BUSTLING, BEAUTIFUL, BUDAPEST!"
- "A New Year, A New City"
- "SUCH A GORGEOUS CITY"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Budapest
- Hotels in Budapest
- Transportation in Budapest
- Nightlife in Budapest
- Restaurants in Budapest
- Shopping in Budapest
- Warnings and Dangers in Budapest
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Budapest
- 273 Reviews
- 327 Photos
- 728 Forum posts
- 145 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Budapest?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Budapest
Photos in BudapestSee All Photos (327)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Budapest Intro, 273 reviews, 327 photos, 3 travelogues
- London Intro, 61 reviews, 62 photos
- Paris Intro, 32 reviews, 70 photos, 5 travelogues
- Batina Intro, 30 reviews, 31 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Balaton Intro, 12 reviews, 13 photos
- Zamardi Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos
- Warsaw Intro, 1 review, 2 photos
- Ljubljana 1 review, 1 photo
- Reno 1 review, 1 photo
FriendsSee All Friends (59)
- Buda Castle - Budavar- 275 Reviews, 584 Photos
- Fisherman Bastion - Halaszbastya- 168 Reviews, 353 Photos
- St. Stephen's Basilica - Szent Istvan Bazilika- 134 Reviews, 318 Photos
- Market Hall - Grand Market Hall - Nagyvasarcsarnok- 46 Reviews, 101 Photos
- Gellert Baths - Gellert Furdo- 62 Reviews, 100 Photos
- Heroes' Square - Hosok tere- 136 Reviews, 296 Photos
- Gellert Hill - Gellert Hegy - Citadella- 105 Reviews, 220 Photos
- Szechenyi Bath - Szechenyi furdo- 63 Reviews, 122 Photos
- Synagogue - Dohány Street Central Synagogue- 71 Reviews, 174 Photos
- Parliament - Orszaghaz- 162 Reviews, 327 Photos
See All Budapest Things to Do