"Budapest - My dear hometown! :)" Top 5 Page for this destination Budapest by MedioLatino

Budapest Travel Guide: 7,727 reviews and 17,908 photos

Budapest intro

Hello Virtual Tourists!

Welcome to Budapest, which is a trully amazing city indeed! :)

I might not be a good judge for this, since I was born and raised here, but see it for Yourselves and decide! :)

Tips about the city with my pictures are being updated all the time, and I'm also ready to answer your questions about things to do, things to avoid, etc. in Budapest and in Hungary.

New thing: did some photo travelogues (would love to do more, but place is limited :) about Budapest.

Instead I'm trying to extend my tips with new pictures (thank you new 5pics/tip rule! :).

All the pictures on my pages are taken by me, except some very few (I think there is only one :) exceptions. Hope you will like them!

Drop me a line if you need help or if you come along and want to have a drink!

see you,
Attila
(MedioLatino)

A new public park and some Raypainting

A new square in the center? Yes indeed! A long avaited thing was the demolishion of the "Bazaar line's" ugly buildings. Don't know about future plans, but now for some years it will surely be a public park.

It's just steps away from Deak square in direction of Astoria off Karoly korut (and in front of Madach square).

And this past weekend the opening event of the Budapest Autumn Festival (www.bof.hu) the sqaure received some colors thanks to Dork and Kozma, the 2 Hungarian Raypainting artists (http://www.dorkandkozma.com). If you missed it, you will probably have to wait until Xmas (at that time they usually do this on Magyar Telekom's building on Krisztina korut).

Anyhow, if you happen to walk in the area, make sure to check it out and tell you friends who already have been here, that you have seen something they couldn't! ;)

• Pros:Good food, nice houses, nice girls, etc., etc...:)
  • Cons:Just the same things as in every big city
  • In a nutshell:You can have it all here, no matter if You come to a 5 star hotel or just with a sleeping bag!
  • Intro Updated Oct 21, 2005

• Nov 1, 2011 at 3:30 PM

Beautiful picture and town. Will go next year back to home was born there.

• Danalia's Profile Photo
    May 23, 2011 at 1:13 PM

I am going to print it all and take it with me :) Danni

• xuxaBR's Profile Photo
    Oct 31, 2010 at 3:35 PM

What can I say? Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful!! I love your page! I hope to be able to visit it some day!

• Christine_D's Profile Photo
    Feb 12, 2010 at 1:30 AM

Great page! Can't wait to visit Budapest in April!

• Ladyfromasia's Profile Photo
    Oct 14, 2009 at 3:19 AM

What an amazing page! Coming here next year:)

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Aug 6, 2009 at 11:30 PM

Thanks for your wonderful stories and pictures! ...

• wabIV's Profile Photo
    Jul 14, 2009 at 5:33 PM

Great page! Nicely written with lots of info. Excellent photographs. Budapest has been on my dream sheet for many years.

• BruceDunning's Profile Photo
    Jul 14, 2009 at 4:58 PM

When we were here I was most impressed with the culture and history and the great proud people. Thank you

• Jun 16, 2009 at 1:51 PM

The coolest music pub in eastern Europe If you are going to udapest ,and you are between the ages of 26-40, then the Old Man's Pub is the place to be.

• betako3's Profile Photo
    Apr 30, 2009 at 10:08 AM

Haha, we also have a Petofi square here in Tarnów, the birth place of gen. Bem. And I even lived in Petofi street for a few years, before they changed the name :(

MedioLatino Works Here!

MedioLatino

“Whenever, wherever, just want to see it all! :)”

Badges & Stats in Budapest

Have you been to Budapest?

Latest Activity in Budapest