"Budapest - My dear hometown! :)" Top 5 Page for this destination Budapest by MedioLatino
Budapest Travel Guide: 7,634 reviews and 17,808 photos
Hello Virtual Tourists!
Welcome to Budapest, which is a trully amazing city indeed! :)
I might not be a good judge for this, since I was born and raised here, but see it for Yourselves and decide! :)
Tips about the city with my pictures are being updated all the time, and I'm also ready to answer your questions about things to do, things to avoid, etc. in Budapest and in Hungary.
New thing: did some photo travelogues (would love to do more, but place is limited :) about Budapest.
Instead I'm trying to extend my tips with new pictures (thank you new 5pics/tip rule! :).
All the pictures on my pages are taken by me, except some very few (I think there is only one :) exceptions. Hope you will like them!
Drop me a line if you need help or if you come along and want to have a drink!
A new square in the center? Yes indeed! A long avaited thing was the demolishion of the "Bazaar line's" ugly buildings. Don't know about future plans, but now for some years it will surely be a public park.
It's just steps away from Deak square in direction of Astoria off Karoly korut (and in front of Madach square).
And this past weekend the opening event of the Budapest Autumn Festival (www.bof.hu) the sqaure received some colors thanks to Dork and Kozma, the 2 Hungarian Raypainting artists (http://www.dorkandkozma.com). If you missed it, you will probably have to wait until Xmas (at that time they usually do this on Magyar Telekom's building on Krisztina korut).
Anyhow, if you happen to walk in the area, make sure to check it out and tell you friends who already have been here, that you have seen something they couldn't! ;)
- Pros:Good food, nice houses, nice girls, etc., etc...:)
- Cons:Just the same things as in every big city
- In a nutshell:You can have it all here, no matter if You come to a 5 star hotel or just with a sleeping bag!
Lots of people are asking in the Budapest Forum for programs going on at a certain period, so I decided to put here some... more travel advice
Karpatia is offering authentic Hungarian cuisine since 1877. Not more to say about the place (check the site for the... more travel advice
- See All Old trams
- See All Bonnie & Clyde - Gangsta feeling :)
- See All The Labyrinth inside the Castle Hill
- See All Another hang out area :)
- See All Terebess - Exotic gitfs
MedioLatino's Related Pages
Budapest Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Budapest - My dear hometown! :)"
- "Budapest, the "Phoenix bird", my lovely home city"
- "BIG, BUSTLING, BEAUTIFUL, BUDAPEST!"
- "A fantastic town along the Danube River"
- "A New Year, A New City"
- "SUCH A GORGEOUS CITY"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Budapest
- Hotels in Budapest
- Transportation in Budapest
- Nightlife in Budapest
- Restaurants in Budapest
- Shopping in Budapest
- Warnings and Dangers in Budapest
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Budapest
- 273 Reviews
- 327 Photos
- 726 Forum posts
- 145 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Budapest?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Budapest
Photos in BudapestSee All Photos (327)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Budapest Intro, 273 reviews, 327 photos, 3 travelogues
- London Intro, 61 reviews, 62 photos
- Paris Intro, 32 reviews, 70 photos, 5 travelogues
- Batina Intro, 30 reviews, 31 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Balaton Intro, 12 reviews, 13 photos
- Zamardi Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos
- Warsaw Intro, 1 review, 2 photos
- Ljubljana 1 review, 1 photo
- Reno 1 review, 1 photo