"World Expo 2005" Top 5 Page for this destination Nagoya by ClareyD
Nagoya Travel Guide: 447 reviews and 1,237 photos
The World Expo 2005 is hosted in Japan near Nagoya in the Aichi area. The theme is Nature's Wisdom and the message is one of living together in harmony with the world.
We visited World Expo on our 14 day trip to Japan at the end of March 2005, 4 days after it opened and I would describe it as a one off experience. If you want to go you have till September 2005.
Some of the star attractions here are the preserved remains of a wooly mamouth in the Global House, a robot band in the Toyota pavillion, a robot recognises and responds to quesitons in 3 languages and pavillions from just about every country in the world that give you a taster of the many different cultures of all the countries in the world!
Sounds fantastic and it should be, but be warned when we went it was extremely busy and the queues for some of the star attractions were up to 3 hours long. However it is possible to reserve a time to visit some of the more popular pavillions.
Also see my tips on food, general advice, overview of Expo & area by area guide, getting to expo and getting around the site.
- Pros:Cool things to do, a taste of the whole world in one place
- Cons:Long queues
- In a nutshell:A must see if you have a few weeks in Japan in 2005
One of the great things about Expo 2005 is the wide variety of ways to get around the site. All the forms of... more travel advice
Unfortunately this is a very small global common, but well worth a visit. Our highlights were: South Africa Pavilion... more travel advice
ClareyD's Related Pages
Nagoya Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "EXPO 2005"
- "Park and Garden City"
- "World Expo 2005"
- "Nagoya, Japan"
- "Yujiro's Nagoya Page"
- "Nagoya 2004"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Nagoya
- Hotels in Nagoya
- Transportation in Nagoya
- Nightlife in Nagoya
- Restaurants in Nagoya
- Shopping in Nagoya
- Warnings and Dangers in Nagoya
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Nagoya
- 17 Reviews
- 14 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Nagoya?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Nagoya
Photos in NagoyaSee All Photos (14)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nagoya Intro, 17 reviews, 14 photos
- Kyoto Intro, 14 reviews, 15 photos
- Japan Intro, 11 reviews, 12 photos
- Hiroshima Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos
- Tokyo 4 reviews, 4 photos
- Kanazawa Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos
- Hakone 3 reviews, 3 photos
- San Francisco 2 reviews, 2 photos
- Sennen Cove Intro, 1 review, 2 photos
- New York City 1 review, 1 photo
No friends yet.