"Heart of "Luxemburg's little Switzerland"" Top 5 Page for this destination Echternach by Beckhanne

Echternach Travel Guide: 119 reviews and 208 photos

The oldest town in Luxembourg was founded in 698 by St. Willibrord, an Irish monk and lies near the eastern border with Germany, in the heart of the green "Petite Suisse Luxembourgeoise". We visited the city on a sunny weekend and I said to myself "How I'd like to live here". This feeling is hard to explain but it's as if you know that you'd feel at home in this place. Now isn't a good time but maybe one day, who knows?...
I wrote these lines six years ago and the feeling towards this place is undoubtedly stronger. We've been visiting Echternach and the area every year or every two years since 2004 and we'll return just after Easter for a romantic weekend to celebrate our 7th anniversary. I love coming here for the peace and quiet but also for the beauty of the landscapes. All this green around, the walking spots make for a relaxing and meditative escape.

• Last visit to Echternach: Jun 2008
  • Intro Updated Jan 13, 2010

• rexvaughan's Profile Photo
    Jun 19, 2008 at 8:08 AM

As always, you have some very lovely photos and good information. Maybe I will get to Echtenach sooner or later. Thanks.

Beckhanne Visits Here Frequently!

Beckhanne

“Life never tasted so good.”

Badges & Stats in Echternach

Have you been to Echternach?

Latest Activity in Echternach