"Heart of "Luxemburg's little Switzerland"" Top 5 Page for this destination Echternach by Beckhanne
Echternach Travel Guide: 119 reviews and 208 photos
The oldest town in Luxembourg was founded in 698 by St. Willibrord, an Irish monk and lies near the eastern border with Germany, in the heart of the green "Petite Suisse Luxembourgeoise". We visited the city on a sunny weekend and I said to myself "How I'd like to live here". This feeling is hard to explain but it's as if you know that you'd feel at home in this place. Now isn't a good time but maybe one day, who knows?...
I wrote these lines six years ago and the feeling towards this place is undoubtedly stronger. We've been visiting Echternach and the area every year or every two years since 2004 and we'll return just after Easter for a romantic weekend to celebrate our 7th anniversary. I love coming here for the peace and quiet but also for the beauty of the landscapes. All this green around, the walking spots make for a relaxing and meditative escape.
The Law Cross or Colum of Justice stands on the market square, near the pedestrian shopping street. It was supposed to... more travel advice
This benedictine monastery was founded by Saint Willibrord, to which we own the founding of the city, in the 7th... more travel advice
Beckhanne's Related Pages
Echternach Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Heart of "Luxemburg's little Switzerland""
- "Closed on Tuesdays"
- "About Luxembourgs city's"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Echternach
- Hotels in Echternach
- Transportation in Echternach
- Restaurants in Echternach
- Shopping in Echternach
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Echternach
- 7 Reviews
- 17 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Echternach?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Echternach
Photos in EchternachSee All Photos (17)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint-Malo Intro, 16 reviews, 57 photos, 2 travelogues
- London Intro, 16 reviews, 51 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Echternach Intro, 7 reviews, 17 photos
- Brugge Intro, 4 reviews, 16 photos, 2 travelogues
- Trier Intro, 4 reviews, 5 photos
- Uccle Intro, 1 review, 6 photos, 1 travelogue
- Ixelles 4 reviews, 2 photos
- Namur 3 reviews
- Dinant 1 review, 1 photo
- Brussels 1 review