Morocco Things to Do Tips by Sambawalk
Morocco Things to Do: 722 reviews and 1,651 photos
Visiting hammam is one of the highlights in Morocco or any other (arab) countries which have such facilities. During my stay in Marakesh, I visited three hammans. The experiences are completely different as they are targeted to different users.
Firstly Ville & Une Nuit, it has very spa type of ambience and decor. The stream room and rest area are on main floor where are quite comfortable. The massage room is on 2nd floor, which are divided in semi-open patition are in western + arab decor. There is also a rest area which is under a doom with arab decor. Price wise a package of hamman visit + massage costs 330DH. It is located in the northeast corner of Djemma el-Fna, after passign the covered market. Address: Place Jemaa El Fna - Derbe Dabachi No 58, web: www.hammam1001nuits.com
Secondly, Hammam Ziani, it has a very comfortable decor and environment. There are separate areas for men and women. The stream room and rest area are on main floor where are quite comfortable. The massage is taken place in an open area between the shower room and steam room. Price is 170Dh for hamman +massage. It is located only 2 minute walk northward, 14 Rue Riad Zitoune jdid from Palais Bahia. Tel: 062-72-55-71.
Thirdly Hammam el-Bacha, it is a basic localised hammam for local people. Not much to expect from any other local hammam. The price is 10Dh and take note of hours for men (4am-noon & 7pm-midnight) and women. Bring your own towel and soap, and underwear of course)
Sambawalk's Related Pages
Morocco Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Me Inside You, You Inside My Morocco"
- "A wonder called Morocco"
- "Love the people and colours and sights of Morocco!"
- "Paul2001's trip to Morocco"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Morocco
- Hotels in Morocco
- Transportation in Morocco
- Nightlife in Morocco
- Restaurants in Morocco
- Shopping in Morocco
- Warnings and Dangers in Morocco
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Morocco
- 81 Reviews
- 180 Photos
- 12 Forum posts
- 6 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (26)
Have you been to Morocco?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Morocco
Top 10 Pages
- Krabi Intro, 33 reviews, 61 photos
- Cairo Intro, 22 reviews, 71 photos
- Ho Chi Minh City Intro, 25 reviews, 63 photos
- Kanchanaburi Intro, 21 reviews, 64 photos, 5 travelogues
- Mumbai Intro, 28 reviews, 56 photos
- Luxor Intro, 18 reviews, 64 photos
- Zagreb Intro, 26 reviews, 55 photos, 1 travelogue
- Pulau Tioman Intro, 35 reviews, 44 photos, 1 travelogue
- Esfahan Intro, 23 reviews, 55 photos
- Shanghai Shi Intro, 27 reviews, 49 photos, 1 travelogue