"3-day trekking in Ourika Valley - Altas Mountain" Setti Fatma by Sambawalk
Setti Fatma Travel Guide: 9 reviews and 64 photos
Setti Fatma is about an hour drive from Marrakesh. There is good walking locally with hidden waterfalls across the valley. It is a popular place for day tripper, but this is a starting point for my 3 day trekking in Ourika Valley - Altas Mountain.
Arranged through the hotel Challah (14 Riad Zitoune Kedim Derb Skaya Tel: 044-44-2977), I joined a group of 6 teenagers for a 3-day trekking trip in Ourika Valley. The cost was Dh900 per person, inclusive of all expenses (food and accommodation in local villages). Picnic lunch was great as the guide cooked the Tajine in the river bed. Our small backpack was carried by the donkey or mill, so all I need was to trek and enjoy.
The trip was rewarding as it passed through various local villages, some of them do not have electric power supply. I could have closer contact with Moroccan people (or Berber people, if I am correct) and learn about their culture. The trip does not demand much physical strength, except for some parts we need to climb uphill. I would say it is fairly easy in particular you can enjoy the snow capped mountains and the landscape of the high Altas. Sit back and relax to enjoy some of the beautiful pics of the high Altas in the Ourika Valley.
Along the way we met up many local children. It was not easy to their pics and they tended to avoid camera. Anyhow I manged to get some of their pics. Some moving pics included the ones whereby girls were laundry and boys created their own vehicle toy by using a plastic container, no to mention the torn cloths that they wear. These make me feel how fortunate we are in the developed
We had couscous (another local Berber dish) on the second night of village stay. The host cooked a big dish of couscous so all of us (8 people altogether) shared one dish. Look at the pic and see how tempting it is. See the Travelogues for more pics.
Trekking in Ourika Valley - Landscape
Trekking in Ourika Valley - People
Trekking in Ourika Valley - Food and Sleep
Sambawalk's Related Pages
Setti Fatma Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Vallée d'Ourika"
- "A day trip to Setti Fatma"
- "setti fatma"
- "3-day trekking in Ourika Valley - Altas Mountain"
- See All...
Explore the World
- Fremantle Hotels
- St. Thomas Hotels
- Floras Lake State Park Hotels
- Republic of Montenegro
- Petaling Jaya Hotels
- Port Jefferson
- Fort Macon State Park Hotels
- Eureka Springs
- San Luis Obispo
- Kentucky Dam Village State Park Hotels
Badges & Stats in Setti Fatma
- 0 Reviews
- 29 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (15)
Have you been to Setti Fatma?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Setti Fatma
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Krabi Intro, 33 reviews, 61 photos
- Cairo Intro, 22 reviews, 71 photos
- Ho Chi Minh City Intro, 25 reviews, 63 photos
- Kanchanaburi Intro, 21 reviews, 64 photos, 5 travelogues
- Mumbai Intro, 28 reviews, 56 photos
- Luxor Intro, 18 reviews, 64 photos
- Zagreb Intro, 26 reviews, 55 photos, 1 travelogue
- Pulau Tioman Intro, 35 reviews, 44 photos, 1 travelogue
- Esfahan Intro, 23 reviews, 55 photos
- Shanghai Shi Intro, 27 reviews, 49 photos, 1 travelogue