"Dahshur" Dahshur by Sambawalk
Dahshur Travel Guide: 15 reviews and 47 photos
The Bent Pyramid is the first pyramid in Egypt. It started in 55 degrees, but half way up the 105 metres it was discovered that the pyramid was unstable and was changed the angle to 44 degrees. You can clearly see the change in the surface lines.
The Red Pyramid was built in an angle of 43 degrees after the "failure of the "beny" pyramid. As such, it became the first proper pyramid. The The Red Pyramid is the third largest pyramid in Egypt.
This pyramid was openned in late 1990's and there were a few crowds, if any. So it is nice to go into the burial chamber without a heavy human traffic along the passage. (as see in pic). The inside chamber is nice and there is some wooden staircases where you need to climb (see pic).
Entrance fee to the area is 20 pounds. There also is a fee for the car of 2 pounds. From the entrance the road leads to the Red Pyramid.
I chartered a taxi to visit four sites within one day – Dahshur, Memphis, Saqqara and the pyramids at Giza. I paid 190... more travel advice
Sambawalk's Related Pages
Dahshur Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Pyramids of Dahshur"
- "Early Pyramids"
- "Royal Necropolis of Dahshur"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Dahshur
- 2 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (26)
Have you been to Dahshur?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Dahshur
Photos in DahshurSee All Photos (9)
Top 10 Pages
- Krabi Intro, 33 reviews, 61 photos
- Cairo Intro, 22 reviews, 71 photos
- Ho Chi Minh City Intro, 25 reviews, 63 photos
- Kanchanaburi Intro, 21 reviews, 64 photos, 5 travelogues
- Mumbai Intro, 28 reviews, 56 photos
- Luxor Intro, 18 reviews, 64 photos
- Zagreb Intro, 26 reviews, 55 photos, 1 travelogue
- Pulau Tioman Intro, 35 reviews, 44 photos, 1 travelogue
- Esfahan Intro, 23 reviews, 55 photos
- Shanghai Shi Intro, 27 reviews, 49 photos, 1 travelogue