"Tarim" Tarim by Sambawalk
Tarim Travel Guide: 16 reviews and 52 photos
Tarim is a historic town situated in the Hadhramaut Valley of eastern Yemen. Tarim is widely acknowledged as the theological, juridical, and academic center of the Hadhramaut Valley. An important locus of Islamic learning, it is estimated to contain the highest concentration of descendants of the Islamic prophet Muhammad (sayyids) anywhere in the world. The city is distinguished for producing numerous Islamic scholars, including Imam al-Haddad. Additionally, Tarim is also home to Dar al-Mustafa, a well-known educational institute for the study of traditional Islamic Sciences.
It is a perfect half day trip from Seiyun.
Keep this map of Tarim handy for your walking tour. I mark down the taxi stp already for your orientation.
The usual Friday great mosque for Tarim. Behind this mossque is the worl renowed al-ahgaf manuscript Library. more travel advice
Al-Kafs Palace is Tarim's most flamboyan, apparently using a book of different architectural styles as a templatre, kind... more travel advice
Sambawalk's Related Pages
Tarim Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Tarim's Palaces of mud"
- "Wadi Hadramawt and the Eastern Desert"
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Tarim
- 6 Reviews
- 14 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (15)
Have you been to Tarim?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tarim
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Krabi Intro, 33 reviews, 61 photos
- Cairo Intro, 22 reviews, 71 photos
- Ho Chi Minh City Intro, 25 reviews, 63 photos
- Kanchanaburi Intro, 21 reviews, 64 photos, 5 travelogues
- Mumbai Intro, 28 reviews, 56 photos
- Luxor Intro, 18 reviews, 64 photos
- Zagreb Intro, 26 reviews, 55 photos, 1 travelogue
- Pulau Tioman Intro, 35 reviews, 44 photos, 1 travelogue
- Esfahan Intro, 23 reviews, 55 photos
- Shanghai Shi Intro, 27 reviews, 49 photos, 1 travelogue