"Shiraz" Shiraz by Sambawalk
Shiraz Travel Guide: 233 reviews and 648 photos
Shiraz is the fifth most populated city in Iran and the capital of Fars Province. Shiraz is located in the southwest of Iran on the Rudkhaneye Khoshk seasonal river. Shiraz has a moderate climate and has been a regional trade center for more than a thousand years.
Shiraz is known as the city of poets, wine and flowers. It is also considered by many Iranians to be the city of gardens, due to the many gardens and fruit trees that can be seen in the city. Shiraz has had major Jewish and Christian communities.
Shah Cheragh is a tomb of brothers Amir Ahmad and Mir Muhammad, both of whom were brothers of Imam Reza, who took refuge in Shiraz, Iran during the Abbasid persecution of the Shia Muslims.
The tombs became celebrated pilgrimage centres in the 14th century when Queen Tashi Khatun erected a mosque and theological school in the vicinity.
I had a cup of afternoon coffee in the Shiraz Eram Hotel coffeee shop. IR15,000 (May 2008). Sounds expensive, but it has... more travel advice
In 1615, Imam Gholi Khan founded the serene Madrasa-e-Khan theological college for about 100 students. The nimpressive... more travel advice
Sambawalk's Related Pages
Shiraz Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Shiraz - Persepolis, poets ..."
- "The city of poets"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Shiraz
- Hotels in Shiraz
- Transportation in Shiraz
- Nightlife in Shiraz
- Restaurants in Shiraz
- Shopping in Shiraz
- Warnings and Dangers in Shiraz
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Shiraz
- 10 Reviews
- 23 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (26)
Have you been to Shiraz?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Shiraz
Photos in ShirazSee All Photos (23)
Top 10 Pages
- Krabi Intro, 33 reviews, 61 photos
- Cairo Intro, 22 reviews, 71 photos
- Ho Chi Minh City Intro, 25 reviews, 63 photos
- Kanchanaburi Intro, 21 reviews, 64 photos, 5 travelogues
- Mumbai Intro, 28 reviews, 56 photos
- Luxor Intro, 18 reviews, 64 photos
- Zagreb Intro, 26 reviews, 55 photos, 1 travelogue
- Pulau Tioman Intro, 35 reviews, 44 photos, 1 travelogue
- Esfahan Intro, 23 reviews, 55 photos
- Shanghai Shi Intro, 27 reviews, 49 photos, 1 travelogue