"Friday Mosque" Zanjan by Sambawalk
Zanjan Travel Guide: 10 reviews and 47 photos
Zanjan is the capital of Zanjan Province in northwestern Iran. It lies 298 km (186 mi) north-west of Tehran on the main highway to Tabriz and Turkey and approximately 125 km (80 mi) from the Caspian Sea.
Zanjan is famous for its seedless grapes. The province lies 330 km northwest of Tehran, connected to it via a freeway.
Zanjan is known for its beautiful handcrafts such as knives, traditional sandals called charoogh and malileh. Malileh is a handcraft made with silver wires. Zanjani artists make many things like various decorative dishes and their special covers as well as silver jewelry. In ancient times, Zanjan was known for its stainless and sharp knives. But this tradition is gradually becoming extinct by introduction of Chinese knives to the market which are far cheaper, more abundant and of course less artistic. Many villagers today are traditional carpet weavers. This is perhaps Zanjan's most popular handcraft.
I took taxi from here to Takht-e Soleyman for IR450,000 (May 2008). It takes good 2 hours one way and the ride is very... more travel advice
Sambawalk's Related Pages
Zanjan Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Zanjan
- Hotels in Zanjan
- Transportation in Zanjan
- Restaurants in Zanjan
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Zanjan
- 10 Reviews
- 22 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (14)
Have you been to Zanjan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Zanjan
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Krabi Intro, 33 reviews, 61 photos
- Cairo Intro, 22 reviews, 71 photos
- Ho Chi Minh City Intro, 25 reviews, 63 photos
- Kanchanaburi Intro, 21 reviews, 64 photos, 5 travelogues
- Mumbai Intro, 28 reviews, 56 photos
- Luxor Intro, 18 reviews, 64 photos
- Zagreb Intro, 26 reviews, 55 photos, 1 travelogue
- Pulau Tioman Intro, 35 reviews, 44 photos, 1 travelogue
- Esfahan Intro, 23 reviews, 55 photos
- Shanghai Shi Intro, 27 reviews, 49 photos, 1 travelogue