"Polonnaruwa - 'World Heritage Site'" Polonnaruwa by Sambawalk
Polonnaruwa Travel Guide: 114 reviews and 272 photos
Polonnaruwa, which was the capital of Sri Lanka from the 11th to the 13th century has more to see and speculation than Anuradhapura, the capital that preceded it. The Terrace of the Tooth Relic is a platform that houses 12 of the grandest buildings. Cut from a single granite wall, these rank among the true masterpieces of Sri Lankan art.
Cultural Triangle Ticket US$40. You can use this ticket for visit various places in cultural Triangle cities. The ticket includes key places like Sigiriya rock fortress, Anuradhapura, polonnaruwa, Nalanda.
Galvehera is one of the most famous sites in Sri Lanka. It consists of three figures of Lord Buddha carved out of a... more travel advice
A brick dagaba built by Queen Rupavati - one of King Parakramabahu's queens. It is surrounded by image houses. more travel advice
Sambawalk's Related Pages
Polonnaruwa Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "ancient ruins"
- "Don't miss this capital city."
- "Historic Polonnaruwa"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Polonnaruwa
- Hotels in Polonnaruwa
- Transportation in Polonnaruwa
- Nightlife in Polonnaruwa
- Restaurants in Polonnaruwa
- Warnings and Dangers in Polonnaruwa
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Polonnaruwa
- 10 Reviews
- 28 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (14)
Have you been to Polonnaruwa?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Polonnaruwa
Top 10 Pages
- Krabi Intro, 33 reviews, 61 photos
- Cairo Intro, 22 reviews, 71 photos
- Ho Chi Minh City Intro, 25 reviews, 63 photos
- Kanchanaburi Intro, 21 reviews, 64 photos, 5 travelogues
- Mumbai Intro, 28 reviews, 56 photos
- Luxor Intro, 18 reviews, 64 photos
- Zagreb Intro, 26 reviews, 55 photos, 1 travelogue
- Pulau Tioman Intro, 35 reviews, 44 photos, 1 travelogue
- Esfahan Intro, 23 reviews, 55 photos
- Shanghai Shi Intro, 27 reviews, 49 photos, 1 travelogue
Latest Polonnaruwa hotel reviews
- Hotel Sudu Araliya
- 44 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 22, 2013