"Want to see Leopard?" Tissamaharama by Sambawalk
Tissamaharama Travel Guide: 10 reviews and 47 photos
Among the many untouched beauties of Sri Lanka are the rich and varied wildlife and jungles. The most frequented national park of Sri Lanka is Yala. It is mainly a thorny scrub forest, but it is the best place for visitors to see elephants in their natural habitat.
The Yala National Park has a few little bungalows in which tourists can spend a few nights in the wilderness. Guides, commonly called "trackers" always accompany visitors to the park. They are amazingly adept at spotting wildlife camouflaged in the wilderness and are very interesting companions.
The place offers buffet lunch with 3 choices of curries + white rice. Rs75. At nite, there is no buffet but a la carte.... more travel advice
It is located between the tank and Tissa main road. There is a beautiful statue inside the Dagoba compound. more travel advice
Written Apr 19, 2006
Safari in Yala National Park
Written Feb 13, 2006
More anamils in Safari
Sambawalk's Related Pages
Tissamaharama Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Want to see Leopard?"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Tissamaharama
- Hotels in Tissamaharama
- Restaurants in Tissamaharama
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Tissamaharama
- 6 Reviews
- 31 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (15)
Have you been to Tissamaharama?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tissamaharama
Photos in TissamaharamaSee All Photos (31)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Krabi Intro, 33 reviews, 61 photos
- Cairo Intro, 22 reviews, 71 photos
- Ho Chi Minh City Intro, 25 reviews, 63 photos
- Kanchanaburi Intro, 21 reviews, 64 photos, 5 travelogues
- Mumbai Intro, 28 reviews, 56 photos
- Luxor Intro, 18 reviews, 64 photos
- Zagreb Intro, 26 reviews, 55 photos, 1 travelogue
- Pulau Tioman Intro, 35 reviews, 44 photos, 1 travelogue
- Esfahan Intro, 23 reviews, 55 photos
- Shanghai Shi Intro, 27 reviews, 49 photos, 1 travelogue