Kuching Transportation Tips by Sambawalk
Kuching Transportation: 54 reviews and 72 photos
open air market near Electra House
To/from Bako National Park: Petra Jaya Transport(white and yellow) bus No. 6 departs from the open air market near Electra House in the city centre. RM1.50 one way,journey time 45 mins. There are also public mini buses for RM5 a little bit faster and more regular. The buses bring you to Bako Bazaar where you have to transfer to a boat to reach the national park.
The first bus is 7am, and the last from the Bako is 5pm. Watch out for day trippers.
Bus from Kuching to Lundu
To/from Lundu: Sarawak Transport Company (cream and green) express buses depart from the regional bus terminal at 08:15, 11:00, 14:00 and 16:00. Buses depart Lundu at 08:00, 11:00, 14:00 and 16:00. Travel time approximately two hours. At Lundu, take a taxi or van or walk appoximatly 2.5 kms (north) to the Gunung Gading National Park. For Tanjung Datu National Park, catch a connecting Sarawak Transport Company bus to Sematan where you will have to charter a boat to the park.
Kuching's regional express bus terminal is located along Jalan Datuk Tawi Sli, also dubbed as "3 and a half miles", located south of the city, just before the Boulevard shopping mall. All long-distance express buses arrive from and leave for major Sarawak cities like Sibu, Bintulu and Miri, as well as Pontianak in Indonesia.
Shuttle bus Kuching - Cultural Village or Damai
Yo can catch one of those shuttle bus from kuching to Damai or Cultural village for RM10 one way (Apr 09). See pic for the schedule.
Airport taxi coupon
From airport to city, go to the airport taxi counter for coupon. RM22 (Apr 09). To Damai RM66.
It taks about 20 mins from airport to city (waterfront). From city to airport, catch any taxi for RM20.
More Reviews (18)
Sambawalk's Related Pages
Kuching Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Cat City"
- "The Liveable, Green Cat City Welcomes you Back"
- "A Quick Two Day Stay In Beautiful Kuching"
- "Kuching - City of Cats"
- "KUCHING WATERFRONT"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kuching
- Hotels in Kuching
- Transportation in Kuching
- Nightlife in Kuching
- Restaurants in Kuching
- Shopping in Kuching
- Warnings and Dangers in Kuching
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kuching
- 22 Reviews
- 41 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (15)
Have you been to Kuching?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kuching
- Posted in Travel Alaska Forum "Re: Alaska Cruise"
- updated a Kuching Travelogue "Gunung Gading National Park - Rafflesia"
- Wrote a Review Long distance bus from Kuching to Bako in Kuching Transportation
- Uploaded a Photo to "Long distance bus from Kuching to Bako"
- Commented on one of balhannah's Kuching travel pages
Photos in KuchingSee All Photos (41)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Krabi Intro, 33 reviews, 61 photos
- Cairo Intro, 22 reviews, 71 photos
- Ho Chi Minh City Intro, 25 reviews, 63 photos
- Kanchanaburi Intro, 21 reviews, 64 photos, 5 travelogues
- Mumbai Intro, 28 reviews, 56 photos
- Luxor Intro, 18 reviews, 64 photos
- Zagreb Intro, 26 reviews, 55 photos, 1 travelogue
- Pulau Tioman Intro, 35 reviews, 44 photos, 1 travelogue
- Esfahan Intro, 23 reviews, 55 photos
- Shanghai Shi Intro, 27 reviews, 49 photos, 1 travelogue
- Sarawak River Cruise- 9 Reviews, 33 Photos
- Semenggoh Wildlife Rehabilitation Centre- 12 Reviews, 32 Photos
- Sarawak Museum- 25 Reviews, 53 Photos
- Sarawak Cultural Village- 18 Reviews, 34 Photos
- Bako National Park- 14 Reviews, 31 Photos
- Market- 10 Reviews, 24 Photos
- Cat Statues- 17 Reviews, 27 Photos
- Main Bazaar- 6 Reviews, 14 Photos
- Tua Pek Kong Temple- 12 Reviews, 20 Photos
- Fort Margherita- 13 Reviews, 25 Photos
See All Kuching Things to Do