"Riga" Riga by Vija_v
Riga Travel Guide: 1,772 reviews and 4,939 photos
Some people used to call Riga as small Paris. It is nice place with a lot of architecture from Jugendstil times, small streets, nice cafes and lot of parks. You have to see Old Town, to cross one of the bridges over river Daugava and to try our chocolate.
In Latvia we do have quiet long and cold winters. In this case only problem is warm clothes, so you still would be able to have long walks in the city. Riga still will look the same nice!
Here are many things, which you can do during the time of the big snow. At first you can practice your skills jumping over big snow heaps, because not always snow will be cleaned away.
On second in Riga you can find 2 very nice skating - rinks, one is located in the very middle of Old Town, but other one in "LIDO" center at Krasta street.
Also still you can go away from Riga and try some skiing in Sigulda or just have fun in some woods full with snow.
That can be fun!
In Old Town you can find 24 hour pharmacy, which can be useful if you suddenly get sick, but cannot find a... more travel advice
In Latvia the most popular sports game is hockey. Already now Latvian hockey fans are well known abroad during... more travel advice
Vija_v's Related Pages
Riga Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A liveable city"
- "A few days in Riga"
- "Riga - biggest town in Baltic States"
- "Riga - the capital of Latvia"
- "Riga Latvia"
- "ART NOUVEAU RIGA!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Riga
- Hotels in Riga
- Transportation in Riga
- Nightlife in Riga
- Restaurants in Riga
- Shopping in Riga
- Warnings and Dangers in Riga
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Riga
- 43 Reviews
- 40 Photos
- 3 Forum posts
- 16 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Riga?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Riga
Photos in RigaSee All Photos (40)
Top 10 Pages
- Riga Intro, 43 reviews, 40 photos
- Naxos Island Intro, 7 reviews, 17 photos
- Paros Intro, 5 reviews, 17 photos
- Athens Intro, 7 reviews, 13 photos
- Jodhpur Intro, 9 reviews, 10 photos
- Varanasi Intro, 7 reviews, 9 photos
- Chandigarh Intro, 8 reviews, 8 photos
- Manali Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos
- Bhaktapur Intro, 5 reviews, 7 photos
- Kathmandu Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos