"Riga" Riga by Vija_v

Riga Travel Guide: 1,703 reviews and 4,614 photos

Some people used to call Riga as small Paris. It is nice place with a lot of architecture from Jugendstil times, small streets, nice cafes and lot of parks. You have to see Old Town, to cross one of the bridges over river Daugava and to try our chocolate.

Winter is here!

In Latvia we do have quiet long and cold winters. In this case only problem is warm clothes, so you still would be able to have long walks in the city. Riga still will look the same nice!

Winter fun!

Here are many things, which you can do during the time of the big snow. At first you can practice your skills jumping over big snow heaps, because not always snow will be cleaned away.
On second in Riga you can find 2 very nice skating - rinks, one is located in the very middle of Old Town, but other one in "LIDO" center at Krasta street.

Also still you can go away from Riga and try some skiing in Sigulda or just have fun in some woods full with snow.
That can be fun!

• Intro Updated Nov 23, 2004

• MalenaN's Profile Photo
    Dec 4, 2008 at 10:07 AM

I will visit Riga for a few days later this month and I'm really looking forward to it. Great tips!

• Toshioohsako's Profile Photo
    May 13, 2008 at 6:19 AM

Hi I am going to Riga next week and I will visit these places you described in your photos and useful tips. Thanks.

• Slackman33's Profile Photo
    Sep 18, 2007 at 8:12 PM

I have five cats..(smile)..!! They sort of turn their butts any way they wish..!! Mike in California..!! The language..? You are right. I also speak German, and it does look simular. Estonian is impossible for me..(smile)..!!

• frockland's Profile Photo
    Jul 20, 2006 at 1:29 AM

Pretty good page! Thanx a lot!

• Propermark's Profile Photo
    Dec 22, 2005 at 9:10 AM

Hi Vija! Shastlivogo Rozhdestva i s Novym Godom! Greetings from Sicily. Best Wishes. Marco.

• elPierro's Profile Photo
    Aug 30, 2005 at 10:04 AM

Nice site with usefull tips, I will be visiting Riga in October. I already look forward to see it in real.

• imstress's Profile Photo
    May 12, 2005 at 12:24 AM

Happy Birthday Vija! Did u had strawberries at yr 1st VT Meet? I love yr winter pics bcos i dont get snow here;p

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo
    Mar 19, 2005 at 8:07 AM

great info Vija!

• cheekymarieh's Profile Photo
    Mar 19, 2005 at 7:17 AM

Lots of useful information for my propsed trip in August. The more I read the more interesting the city sounds.

• Mar 14, 2005 at 6:01 PM

Great page! Lots of useful and interesting info - I'm going to Riga in July and your comments have been more than helpful. Greetings from Brazil!

Vija_v

“La- la -la - la- la life is beautiful!”

Badges & Stats in Riga